Comparison SLX M666 Brakes against SLX M675

awesme

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which

• SLX M675
    • SLX M666

I did pay extra for the service of installing and bleeding, I think R160 per side if I remember correctly. And paid for the white hoses.

Using the RT56 rotors.

You happy with them? getting bad wear from xon rotors. Yours 160mm front and back?

I just got the M596 Deores and they rock! SLX will not add much IMO, just tool-free reach adjust....

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=67246

thumbup1.gif I got the same ones recently and cannot fault them. I had M975 on my previous bike and I cannot see why I need anything more. They feel very similar and 1-finger stopping power is more than enough for my weight.

TopFuel

he totally disappeared, not responding to ay pm's or sms's so ordered everything myself, got my entire group set which included XT brakes and iSpec shifters from Wayne at CWC, Great prices in the end. Also try Matthew from Easybike, and if you willing to go big order, CRC with the DHL 4 days shipping, but found in the end total cost ended pretty much same price after Rand/Pound conversion, exchange correction (they always a little bit out), import tax of 14% and customs clearance of R90.

Sure V would have done better, but had to work with options I had.

G

Which is a frankly awesome feature. I use them frequently on my set of XTs. G, have you spoken to the V? He usually has these kind of things at a low price.

I've found with CRC

Take the Rand price they list, multiple it with 1.1, for actual land price, then 1.14 to add VAT, then add R90 custom clearance and you are pretty close to what it will be.

I love my XT M785 2012 brakes, they're the now M666's I believe.

Mine are matched to 160mm IceTech rotors.

G

Id like to know do the new slx outperform the old xt's - 2012 XT VS 2013 SLX.

or same just with a slx label.

Any verdicts whistling.gif

Id like to know do the new slx outperform the old xt's - 2012 XT VS 2013 SLX.

or same just with a slx label.

Any verdicts whistling.gif

Spose i mean the 675's vs the 785's then

I've found with CRC

Take the Rand price they list, multiple it with 1.1, for actual land price, then 1.14 to add VAT, then add R90 custom clearance and you are pretty close to what it will be.

I love my XT M785 2012 brakes, they're the now M666's I believe.

Mine are matched to 160mm IceTech rotors.

G