Something's slowing me down...

Sandro

I avg a bit higher cadence wise, and got rid of compacts as the bunches (A/B) rode away from me on the flats, forcing my cadence (and heart rate) through the roof causing me to blow. My avg candence did drop dramatically when I built up a new bike and had the saddle too high. Sorted that out with a professional fitment. So there is lots of merit in having a pro look at your setup!

Any suggestions for figment? I believe Arran Brown is good?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any suggestions for figment? I believe Arran Brown is good?

Yep, I went to CycleFit. Richard helped me. My saddle height was way-Way-WAY! out, and dropping it in one go might not have been the smartest thing I did around the fitment.

Some good advice in the thread.

Getting your bike set up sorted is a good start.

As to training. Most people don't train hard enough or easy enough. You need long easy days in the saddle on the weekend based on time at around 60% intensity. Then during the week have one or two really hard rides. Perhaps an inteval and a tempo ride but never back to back. Add in a couple of short easy days and one or two complete rest days to aid recovery.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought after all the help I got here I should at least give you guys an update, been training hard and more focused the last few weeks but more interestingly I decided to finally go and check my bike SETUP at CycleFit yesterday... Well, well, well... so much for my bike being set up properly... Saddle height was 13mm too low,cleat positioning was wrong, saddle position was out, handlebar and hood position was also out... I don't think anything had been set up properly actually. Big ups to CycleFit though, I can't tell how impressed I was, very professional, and focused on doing the job properly. Highly reccomend them! As for the guys who did the initial setup, you will never see another cent of my business again. Ever. And to think I've been riding with wrong setup for a year now. Unbelievable.

Some good advice in the thread.

Getting your bike set up sorted is a good start.

As to training. Most people don't train hard enough or easy enough. You need long easy days in the saddle on the weekend based on time at around 60% intensity. Then during the week have one or two really hard rides. Perhaps an inteval and a tempo ride but never back to back. Add in a couple of short easy days and one or two complete rest days to aid recovery.

So that's 2 LSD days, 2 hard rides, 2 short easy, 2 rest days - thats 8 days Slick! eek.gif

Where do I find one of them 8 day weeks - THAT is what I need.

Thought after all the help I got here I should at least give you guys an update, been training hard and more focused the last few weeks but more interestingly I decided to finally go and check my bike SETUP at CycleFit yesterday... Well, well, well... so much for my bike being set up properly... Saddle height was 13mm too low,cleat positioning was wrong, saddle position was out, handlebar and hood position was also out... I don't think anything had been set up properly actually. Big ups to CycleFit though, I can't tell how impressed I was, very professional, and focused on doing the job properly. Highly reccomend them! As for the guys who did the initial setup, you will never see another cent of my business again. Ever. And to think I've been riding with wrong setup for a year now. Unbelievable.

Do they do Ergo, BG Fit or their own thing? Cost?

I'm not too sure how they would define the setup in terms of the above but he did tell me its based around the methood that Greg LeMond devised. You can check out their site at www.cyclefit.co.za. Full setup was R550 and took just over an hour so its quite intensive, they actually film you before and after so you can see the difference in your body position.

So that's 2 LSD days, 2 hard rides, 2 short easy, 2 rest days - thats 8 days Slick! eek.gif

Where do I find one of them 8 day weeks - THAT is what I need.

Read again:

one OR two hard days

one OR two rest days

Read again:

one OR two hard days

one OR two rest days

thumbup1.gif

Just feel like I need an 8 day week to keep up with my current program (+ life) - never quite get in everything I plan and usually sacrifice the LSD's...

Edited by dracs

thumbup1.gif

Just feel like I need an 8 day week to keep up with my current program (+ life) - never quite get in everything I plan and usually sacrifice the LSD's...

Then try to get two 2 hour LSD's in during week. ;)

I'm not too sure how they would define the setup in terms of the above but he did tell me its based around the methood that Greg LeMond devised. You can check out their site at www.cyclefit.co.za. Full setup was R550 and took just over an hour so its quite intensive, they actually film you before and after so you can see the difference in your body position.

I also had a fitment done by them after Robox suggested it, and I also thought my setup was correct. Boy was I wrong, my saddle height and position was wrong, as well as my cleats, stem height and handlebar width! I had the fitment done about a month ago now and I am much more comfortable on my bike, and I am faster.

Goeie dag, dis Megan se mamma baie dankie aan almal wat vir klein megan op de hart dra. As da enige iemand is wat enigsins enige bydrae wil maak vir megan sal dit opreg gewardeur word. Megans Angel, Standerd bank, Gezina Tjek rek; 013142909 of die ouers kan gekontak word IRENE 084 059 8616 Baie baie dankie aan almal.