2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

The Norwegians predict sunny and 30 - with a light breeze (3 m/s) for next Sun in Paarl. So somebody's wrong!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, didn't you have your 1st Ronden van Swellendam today?! How was it? From what I heard, like a baby: wet and windy.

Hey, didn't you have your 1st Ronden van Swellendam today?! How was it? From what I heard, like a baby: wet and windy.

Very gusty.

Hail stones.

Icy rain.

Crazy weather gods, Seabee!

Ouch, klink na goeie een om te gemis het! Solank daar nie donasies aan die vel-gode van die pad gemaak is nie...

so will it be the idt or the burger ride?

Ag nee wat Berry! As jy se jy gaan more IDT soek jy verskonings! Daar is niks fout met more se weer nie.

Hi all, thanks for a great ride. Sorry to have returned a bit earlier. Just made my appointment.

I was rewarded with 2 punctures, but with just one tube. One of our riders that also took "the shorter route" helped out with a patch, thanks buddy! I guess I was back minutes before you arrived in any way.

Thanks Andre and our marshal for your efforts in making this possible.

Guys and Gal, thank you very much for the ride. Unfortunately time was running out for me, (had to go back home to collect "Ball and Chain" and then go through to Strand to collect stuff or folks upcountry) so I could not hang around at the finish.

Hope you all had a safe ride and is now ready for next weekend.

Guys and Gal, thank you very much for the ride. Unfortunately time was running out for me, (had to go back home to collect "Ball and Chain" and then go through to Strand to collect stuff or folks upcountry) so I could not hang around at the finish.

Hope you all had a safe ride and is now ready for next weekend.

Thanks for organizing wannabe also thanks to Dave the Bike Marshal who looked after the slower group all the way into Stellenbosch much appreciated.

That was a hard day in the saddle, the spirit was willing the body not so much. Hopefully just a once off, writing it off as a bad day and moving on.

Thanks Wannabe for organising these rides! Was good fun. And thanks for Dave's company - esp helped a lot on the narrow section to Paarl.

We had a nice chat and roll back to Stellies. Don't know whether you noticed, but my bike started an ungawdly rattling at some point - I can't even recall from where. Bugged me like crazy and I kept getting irritated about it. Rear end felt very loose, esp. through turns. Just threw the bike in and left - when I got home... no air in the rear tyre! Don't know whether it was flat and I rode like that or whether it sealed just enough and was just flattish. Either way, I have to get to a bike shop - huge cut in the rear wheel - and upon inspection a piece of glass embedded in the front tyre and it's sidewall also looking gone at one place.

Anyways, it was a great ride ride - roll on Sunday!