Spank VOMax Evo 29er Rims

G-Unit

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my 29er XC wheelset.

Anyone got any feedback on these?

http://spank-ind.com/index.php?a=info&do=pro&id=66&tid=26

The 29er rim weighs in at 425 grams which puts it between a ZTR Crest and a Arch-EX. Price-wise it costs about the same as these as well (About R750 / rim)

I'm currently running Crests which are nice and light, but a little too flexy for my liking. The obvious (and safe) choice is the Arch-ex, but Spank does have that little bit extra pimp factor.

Would love some input.

Shot,

G.

I dont know the product but they look PRETTY. Also everyone is riding ZTR's. I would go with them just to be different.

I dont know the product but they look PRETTY. Also everyone is riding ZTR's. I would go with them just to be different.

That's my thinking.

Although, there's always a risk in trying something unproven. I can't even find a review for these on mtbr.com, even though they are listed.

Edited by G-Unit

I know that other spank rims are tough and sexy like the spikes, but this is from the DH side of things. I have heard they have good build quality as well.

I know that other spank rims are tough and sexy like the spikes, but this is from the DH side of things. I have heard they have good build quality as well.

My brother in law has a pair of the sub rosa rims, which are for all mountain use. They look really nice and he has had no issues with them.

I'm gonna be brave and go for it. Probably gonna build them onto some Chris Kings. Will post pics when they done.

Edited by G-Unit

I've always liked the look of their products. I used Tugg job grips and were happy with them. Pity the colour options are so limited in the rim that you like. That was why I went for Loaded rims and I have never looked back.

I've always liked the look of their products. I used Tugg job grips and were happy with them. Pity the colour options are so limited in the rim that you like. That was why I went for Loaded rims and I have never looked back.

I've seen quite a few Loaded components on bikes being sold at FPC (bars & stems mainly) and they look really nice. Which rims did you go with?

G-Unit,

If I may ask, which distributor are you using?

Chain Reaction stock both the CK hubs as well as the Spank rims. They'll even build the wheels for you, and from what I've read on The Hub, they build the wheels nicely.

Chain Reaction stock both the CK hubs as well as the Spank rims. They'll even build the wheels for you, and from what I've read on The Hub, they build the wheels nicely.

Thx squire