Coronation DC - holes in the road

PeterM

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of worrying about the short portage section, and the 30 minutes Rest Period, I'm worried about more serious issues now.

Should this "Farmworker Uprising" not be sorted before the DC, I'm afraid it might impact on the DC, as there is protest being held and tires burnt on the route the DC takes. It will also not take much for them to close the road to prevent the Cyclists from passing through.

Instead of worrying about the short portage section, and the 30 minutes Rest Period, I'm worried about more serious issues now.

Should this "Farmworker Uprising" not be sorted before the DC, I'm afraid it might impact on the DC, as there is protest being held and tires burnt on the route the DC takes. It will also not take much for them to close the road to prevent the Cyclists from passing through.

Photographer injured during protest

55 minutes ago

A Media24 photographer has been briefly hospitalised after being injured during protest action in Ashton in the Western Cape.

Have been following the strike-news as well. Definitely escalating along part of the DC route.

And it can become quite dangerous too. We all know how those “strikes” might pan-out: Strikers block the DC race cyclists way; peace loving road cyclists gets off his noble steed, takes out “the handbag” and strikes the demonstrators with the his/hers matching handbag (that’s why its called a strike, isn’t it?!?).

Very dangerous situation for the striking farm workers and should be, at all cost be avoided! It just eats into the escalating race time. Of course the 30min Ashton tea&cucumber-break is a different story all together, as no race time will be lost – for the first 30min at least.

Maybe one should/could strategize with the strikers in regards of the 30min break plus the 6th rider rule. I am sure they will understand our racing dilemma and time limitations.

wink.png

I've read that the strikes are suspended for 2 weeks as part of the negotiations between the labourers and x.

I've read that the strikes are suspended for 2 weeks as part of the negotiations between the labourers and x.

Damn, and here I've been practicing my bunny hops for the holes and burning tyres

Damn, and here I've been practicing my bunny hops for the holes and burning tyres

Yeah...

Keep on training. Might need 'em for those loose 'halwe bakstene that's been left behind.

laugh.png