Can't get my old pedals off...

PokerFace

Use to have the same problem, but recently I got myself an allen key socket and use it with a power handle. Since then problem solvedBig%20smile

The long park tool pedal spanners work the best' date=' if those cant get them off nothing will.  See if you can use your LBS one if you are really having trouble getting them off.[/quote']

I agree. Christie struggled his @rse off to get his one pedal off, even with me helping. He bought that long Park pedal spanner and got it off first try.
Rakker2008-01-25 04:31:59

never fit pedals without a bit of copperslip or grease

The only problem is you cannot put it on while your pedal is still on the crank.Smile

Yeah, I always grease the threads when changing pedals.

Discovered that my lbs hadn't when trying to get pedals off a few weeks ago. If the pedal has a hexagonal shaft (just where it enters the crank) then use a 15 spanner to loosen. It has way more leverage than a normal Allen key. If you're still battling then (as mentioned before) get a pipe to extend that leverage.

I have another way of remembering which way to unscrew pedals. RHS = RH thread (normal anticlockwise loosen); LHS = LH thread (clockwise loosen).

Hell after +/- 4 days I hope you managed to get them off??

If not try use mouse milk, drip it liberaly in as described early in this thread, leave for 30 minutes and use a LONGER metal tube as an extension on your allan key or spanner Wink

What is this alien key evrryboddy is talking about. Do you enter or start flying saucers with it????????