Candy versus eggbeater

nochain

The good..the bad and the ugly of CB

The good...they are pimp, they are light, easy to cleat-in in muddy conditions

The bad...they are not fit and forget pedals...needs rebuilding from time to time

The ugly...they have a set amount of float(think its 9 or 6 deg) depending on cleat fitting...this cannot be adjusted. The brass cleats wears down quickly and its really hard on your shoes

Prefer candy's myself as it has a platform supporting the bridge of the foot. Helps on longer rides and hills when you get unclipped.

You can have old candy's serviced to replace mechanism, bearing set approx R220 and spindles extra R120 if they are bent out of shape

Been using the same pair of shoes since 2007 (Garneaus) with CB pedals. No stress. Ok, they're poked, but that's because one year I just about walked day two of Sani.

Arran Brown mentioned to me that if I had knee problems with the CB's that I should look at Time Atacs as they lock the foot in one position.

I don't have problems with either the float or my knees, so don't see the point of changing. I also don't like the idea of feet being locked into one position, but then I'm no expert.

Edited by davetapson