International Triathlon

Garfield2010

True

I would also love to do the winter thing for snow but then the tri is off the charts. Also the admin of carrying a bike along is not lekker.

Maybe I must rather look to run a Londen Marathon or somehting similar.... Hey doesnt the grat wall of China have a marathon?

The bikes easy to carry, stop looking for excuses

JA great wall does have a marathon, my local GP ran it last year and said something about there being a lot of stairs involved...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would save my money till after IM ... imagine winning a wildcard entry to Kona and not having the money to go blush.png

Swiss ill come if you do it whistling.gif

Your on, but persuade Garf to come... i seem to recall him saying something about me being his bitch.....

Do IM NZ. You can then add some hobbit scalps to your trophy cabinet.

So what is the story with AbuDhabi? I registered on the site and heard nothing more.

Eish thanks!

Panama also looks the **** but its too far again R30k for flights only. Remember the wife is going as well. Thanks JGR I did look at the Challenge races and are considering them.... They just sell out really quickly....

It would be a dream to race in the European mountains hence the interest in the Alpe dHuez Tri.

I even see there is a Canary Islands race!

Have done Nice and Roth and can recommend both. The bike course at Nice is fantastic and includes some of the southern Alps, while the crowds and atmosphere at Roth are amazing. If you are looking for something before IMSA then Europe is out of the question. Both are around the time of TDF; Nice being just before the start of the TdF and Roth towards the end.

Your on, but persuade Garf to come... i seem to recall him saying something about me being his bitch.....

The swim in CH would suite him ... nobody touches you! clap.gif

Do IM NZ. You can then add some hobbit scalps to your trophy cabinet.

So what is the story with AbuDhabi? I registered on the site and heard nothing more.

The same with me DaveM. I have tried Tweeting, Facebooking and mailing them with zero response. They are worse than Vodacoms customer care centre...

Swiss / JGR we can talk. Lets then fix a race and date now and I am in..... It needs to correspond with PE. Not closer than a month either way.... Heck guys I will even do a "difficult" 70.3 hence the Alpe dHuez consideration.... Dont you guys think that will be awesome? Swiss I even see they give 90 minutes for the 2.2km swim!!!

The swim in CH would suite him ... nobody touches you! clap.gif

Oh oh garf would get DQ'd with his swimming technique

I must confess to having Alpe deHuez on my list of races.

Even if just to say to people while watching the TdF that I have ridden raced up that mountain .

I have done the Alpe De Huez triathlon and it was an amazing race. Flew into Paris to watch the final day of the Tour De France. Then onto the TGV to the Alps. Stayed at the top of Alpe De Huez.

The race itself is really well organized, but be warned I climbed 3500m in 105km or 110km if I remember correctly. But the time you get to the famed climb my legs were toast. And then you run on top of Alpe De Huez...

After that went for a weeks holiday in Nice... All in all cost me under R40k for 2 people.

And I would love to do it again sometime, but this time be better prepared for climbing 2 x hills each taking about an hour long!!!

The same with me DaveM. I have tried Tweeting, Facebooking and mailing them with zero response. They are worse than Vodacoms customer care centre...

Swiss / JGR we can talk. Lets then fix a race and date now and I am in..... It needs to correspond with PE. Not closer than a month either way.... Heck guys I will even do a "difficult" 70.3 hence the Alpe dHuez consideration.... Dont you guys think that will be awesome? Swiss I even see they give 90 minutes for the 2.2km swim!!!

Europe is out in Feb, Mar or Apr for 70.3 or longer as there are probably only ski races going on at that time. For me I will only be able to do something in the 2nd half of 2013 or later (knee op planned early next year).

But yeah I'm keen, maybe Gummi could be roped in a swell??

I have done the Alpe De Huez triathlon and it was an amazing race. Flew into Paris to watch the final day of the Tour De France. Then onto the TGV to the Alps. Stayed at the top of Alpe De Huez.

The race itself is really well organized, but be warned I climbed 3500m in 105km or 110km if I remember correctly. But the time you get to the famed climb my legs were toast. And then you run on top of Alpe De Huez...

After that went for a weeks holiday in Nice... All in all cost me under R40k for 2 people.

And I would love to do it again sometime, but this time be better prepared for climbing 2 x hills each taking about an hour long!!!

Cool...Whats the run like?

Not too bad, if you want I can find my Garmin file for the bike and run...

The run was only KUK hard because my legs were poked from the ride!!!

Not too bad, if you want I can find my Garmin file for the bike and run...

The run was only KUK hard because my legs were poked from the ride!!!

No worries, just wondering how hilly the run was compared to a normal race and after that manic cycle.. Well done btw

There was one bugger of a hill on the way back, but that was pretty much it... It felt like doing Alpe De Huez all over again!! ha ha

Thanks was a great race..

Ok so why dont we do the Alpe dHuez Tri then?

2.2km swim, 110km bike and a 25km trail run???

It is the 24th of July which is a Wednesday. Maybe we can fly in on Sat, watch the last Paris TDF stage the Sunday and then roadtrip down to the race which is Wednesday... then come back the next Sunday??

Swiss will book us a rooms at the local Moulon Rouge