Riding the spruit

G00SE

I'm keen to go for a ride on the spruit after work. Being a spruit virgin, I would appreciate some advice:

1. Is it safe to ride alone, or should I rather get a buddy or two to ride with?

2. Where are some good spots to park at as a base?

All replies greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt ride the Spruit alone... chances are you wont leave a virgin.

Rather ride with a partner as there are vagrants, some are nice and friendly, some stare at you with eyes that look like balls of liver from all the dagga.

I'm keen to go for a ride on the spruit after work. Being a spruit virgin, I would appreciate some advice:

1. Is it safe to ride alone, or should I rather get a buddy or two to ride with?

2. Where are some good spots to park at as a base?

All replies greatly appreciated :)

1. Depends which section of the Spruit you intend riding? And till what time?

2. Depends which section of the Spruit you intend riding?

:P

Basically after work you would want to park at Fratelli - cnr Conrad and Hillcrest in Blairgowrie and ride South (up river) towards Emmerentia. I ride that often in the evenings. If I go further up towards Alberts I will take a buddy. SIR Maxxis and I have done this a couple of times in the last few weeks. Will be happy to take you along. Bring lights...

I wouldnt ride the Spruit alone... chances are you wont leave a virgin.

Hahaha. Thats not a good thought eek.gif

1. Depends which section of the Spruit you intend riding? And till what time?

2. Depends which section of the Spruit you intend riding?

tongue.png

Basically after work you would want to park at Fratelli - cnr Conrad and Hillcrest in Blairgowrie and ride South (up river) towards Emmerentia. I ride that often in the evenings. If I go further up towards Alberts I will take a buddy. SIR Maxxis and I have done this a couple of times in the last few weeks. Will be happy to take you along. Bring lights...

Thanks for the advice, would be cool to ride with you, just bear in mind I'm SLOW!!!

and I need to get a light ...

Thanks for the advice, would be cool to ride with you, just bear in mind I'm SLOW!!!

and I need to get a light ...

Neither is a problem. In the evenings I like to do slow base building type of rides and I have 5 sets of lights. ;)

Im also slow. We have a great slow and relaxed ride. Nothing hectic and we ride for abour 2:30 to 3:00 max.

Distance is around 30km at about 12km/h if you want specifics.

Oh, what type of riding do you like? I'm prone to taking the more technically interesting route and wouldn't want to lead you down somewhere you aren't comfortable with. I can tone it down if I have to.

Oh, what type of riding do you like? I'm prone to taking the more technically interesting route and wouldn't want to lead you down somewhere you aren't comfortable with. I can tone it down if I have to.

What? like you do with me every time we ride!

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

What? like you do with me every time we ride!

Pffft. I don't feel the need to tone down the adrenalin inducing bits with you. In many ways you are the better rider.

Oi blokes is this an open invite for some slow company? Ok. Am not that slow but do like to ride the spruit in a relaxed fashion and love technical riding.

Would love to join if its possible?

I'm not that slow either but I do like to do these rides slowly - except certain sections. :D