anyone ridden a mongoose fireball?

strappazzon

I'm looking to get a mongoose fireball. I've been dirtjumping for about 6 months on my racing bmx. If you've ridding the mongoose and can give me a review on it. Would really be great. Or if you know of anything in the same price range to start with

Hey dude!

I own one. I love the frame but hate the componentry. I find that the Sram X4 shifters are pretty awful in that they hop out of gear when you land (maybe i am just too heavy on the bike) the RST dirt fork is a bit flexy in the front for me. Oh yeah and the Stock pedals are terrible.

My game plan is to singlespeed it, replace pedals and get a better fork (rockshox argyle perhaps...)

In terms of other bikes that are available, GT Chucker, GT ruckus, Mongoose ritual, Giant STP (Niiiiiice!) Giant Brass (will survive nuclear apocalypse. not great to ride however......) and scott voltage. Also, commencal Absolute, DMR reptiod, dartmoor two6player.

Check out

http://dialdbikes.co.za/bikes/mountain-bikes/

http://www.obike.co.za/Products/ProductsList.aspx

http://www.buycycle.co.za/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2130

and obviously Chain reaction cycles.

If there is a jump session at the scout hall tomorrow you can come and give mine a try if you want.

Thanks man! I'm not sure if there is a sesh on friday. But if there is I will come and say howzit. I would to ride the bike. Thanks for the invite but I can't jump. I'm still recovering from a broken wrist. So out for 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

what fork does your one have?

You asking me? Mine's still got the standard fork it came with, not sure what it is but it isn't anything special. I've set it to be as stiff as it can go.

The seat is pretty soft and doesn't feel all that uncomfortable in the small of your back. The tyres that come standard aren't the big, grippy type, which is great as they don't cause too much damage to your balls when you fall off the back trying to manual. The bars are quite low, which gives you decent room when you're flying over the top of them. The grips are also quite soft, which is nice on the chin. Pedals don't offer a lot of grip but the flip side of that is they're not too hard on the shins. I rate it an 8/10 - would crash again!

The seat is pretty soft and doesn't feel all that uncomfortable in the small of your back. The tyres that come standard aren't the big, grippy type, which is great as they don't cause too much damage to your balls when you fall off the back trying to manual. The bars are quite low, which gives you decent room when you're flying over the top of them. The grips are also quite soft, which is nice on the chin. Pedals don't offer a lot of grip but the flip side of that is they're not too hard on the shins. I rate it an 8/10 - would crash again!

Is this a description of your session on Friday?

Is this a description of your session on Friday?

It's a description of me on a bike. Could just be riding to the shops.

It's a description of me on a bike. Could just be riding to the shops.

Nice, I have managed to negotiate flexitime for Fridays so I shall be bailing with you on Fridays quite regularly. Hopefully I will be bailing on jump 2, 3 and 4 soonthumbup1.gif

Nice, I have managed to negotiate flexitime for Fridays so I shall be bailing with you on Fridays quite regularly. Hopefully I will be bailing on jump 2, 3 and 4 soonthumbup1.gif

try not to bail on 4, its quite sore.

try not to bail on 4, its quite sore.

Haha dude you don't bail right. The technique you need is to go head first like so

http://www.fatbmx.com/uploads4/2009Q3/wk38/leat3.jpg

I guarantee this guy does not have a broken armph34r.png