94.7 race results

amoryns

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Amashova time (2h49) is absolutely flying.

I have managed several sub 3hr 94.7s', but the Amashova has proved a bridge too far.

I came close last year missing the 3hr mark by 44 seconds.

But if you can do the Shova in under 3, a sub 3hr 94 should be a breeze...

Very possible, did my 1st OFM a couple of years back on the mtb (just started cycling) and did the 94km route in 3:58 I think it was. Next year on the road bike did the 97km route in 3:05. I also don't race every event so my times differ...maybe the same here?

mmmm....I am not convinced...person in question have been cycling for couple of years never sub 3-ing anything and all of a sudden bam......sub 3 amashova and 94.7....I would also want some of that coaching to make such a drastic improvement

Chap in our office started cycling 6 months ago !!! He said to me he's gonna do a sub 3 94.7 , we laugh and made jokes about it . He did 4 MTB races and this was his first road race starting from NN . He did a 2:58 on his own , no groups and sucking !!

When I started cycling, I started in August. did the Telkom and Ofm and 94.7..... clocked 3h on it, so it's by no means impossible.

In another 100km race in Jozie I did a 3h30 one year and the same race a year later, under 2h30.

So yeah, a lot can happen in a year.

Can be done, with lots of hard work, and right attitude.

Alot can be done in a year. Dunno what his trainign was like before he took things to another level, but sure he must have done some sucking.....

Can be done, with lots of hard work, and right attitude.

Alot can be done in a year. Dunno what his training was like before he took things to another level, but sure he must have done some sucking.....

My first race was 94.7 2011. Did it in 4:21, this year did it in 3:15

I was aiming for the great sub 3 but the wind broke me on the N14.

Also started in group P there was no bunch to get into, which sucked big time

2011 as a all female tandem, this year as a mixed couple. We all know that on a mixed tandem its maLkes a big difference who is up front.

BTW, hubby can ride

ok, so you know why I was asking the specific question ;-0. results were very quickly changed.....

Easy. Mine were: 2010 4:15, 2011 3:25, 2012 3:07 and I was riding with my son this year so could have been quicker.

ok, so you know why I was asking the specific question ;-0. results were very quickly changed.....

Ok give us the dirt now...