Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

My first time also. My poor Giant looks so ... (cant say it) with slicks on. Cant wait to get to proper tyres back on and head for the mountains. This is purely for training purposes, sigh.

Enjoy and be safe :)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time also. My poor Giant looks so ... (cant say it) with slicks on. Cant wait to get to proper tyres back on and head for the mountains. This is purely for training purposes, sigh.

Enjoy and be safe :)

Training! Ja right! Next thing you will be buying a road bike just for training. :)

Edited by MCipollini

Two tips/notes to self:

Have a lekka warm up encouraging your legs to wake up.

Save some matches for the final 25 kms.

With Vettel winning the F1 , 3rd time, I think I'm gonna keep one of those Red Bull shots in my back pocket.

Hoping to survive Hels with the front of A.....

See you all there! Gonna be a good gathering for the last big race of 2012!!

Hope all you first timers have a great ride!

Hoping to survive Hels with the front of A.....

See you all there! Gonna be a good gathering for the last big race of 2012!!

Hope all you first timers have a great ride!

See you there in the mix, Tubehunter.

thumbup1.gif

Edited by Puncheur

Welcome to the HubSA, AnzoK.

Brace yourself.

Gonna be a good race.

thumbup1.gif

Thanks Puncheur...Looking forward to it...Did "new hells" a few times so not really sure how "old Hells" is going to be

Thanks Puncheur...Looking forward to it...Did "new hells" a few times so not really sure how "old Hells" is going to be

Old Helz is bumpy, narrow, full of 'switchbacks' and sharp turns, and have steep kicking gradients, unlike the smooth gradual ascent of new Helz.

Last year i only managed to get an entry for the 44km route and placed 5th in the group.. it still boggles my mind as to how the winner of the 44km did it in 42mins(adjusted winner time according to results)?? Because if it wasn't Brad Wiggins on his TT bike then im not sure how that time was achieved...i am looking forward to the race on Sun and i hope the weather plays its part aswell...

Gonna die in A. Started in B last year and got droppd like a bug going up hels,....

Brain says to go back to start in B again... but will see how the rest of the body feels that morning.

I enjoy the Old Hell's. I found sticking to the inside of road on Old Hell's makes it easier. The cold legs are in for a shock if you have not warmed up a little. Do some spinning before you get there as Wannabe suggested.