Courier or snail mail

Karakoram

I ordered from crc on Tuesday morning, parcel was delivered to my offices this morning. Had email from dhl wanting payment before parcel was even in the country. Very impressed...

Who buys white lycra shorts in any case?ph34r.png

** coat, hat, door** see ya

Ha, ha the white Lycra thing was just for fun. The shorts on order are standard black. My outgoing MTB shorts (First Ascent) had seen better days the chamois are worn out after 3 years. I contemplated having the chamois replaced as the rest of the pants are still okay, but it seems to be far less of a hassle to simply to get a new pair.

Edited by Karakoram

To answer your question regarding " clearance delay" - you need to pay the duties!!! They have to generate an invoice and email it to you. You then have to make payment and provide proof of payment and only when your payment has cleared (futher delaying your delivery) into their bank account, is the parcel delivered to you.

In todays technology this is a very backwards system and as a result have instructed CRC to never use DHL for any of my deliveries.One still has to be careful when selecting the "tracked" option for your delivery as there is a DHL drop bar selection that is also available. The "tracked" and DHL delivery option seem to be linked as even if you chose the "tracked" option, DHL still does the delivery.

I checked with DHL's call centre and yep, you have to do an EFT for the duties before they deliver. They asked me for my email address! Surely that is part of the order information with CRC? The call center will now request the Cape Town office to email me an invoice. This is a very sloppy system DHL!!!!

Crackpot ohmy.png

The crazy thing? They're still cheaper, lighter and better built than a set of Crossmax's / Crossrides.

Total cost was approx R 3,800 all in. Which still ain't bad.

Would have been R 2,800 without the shipping - now that's stupendously cheap.

I checked with DHL's call centre and yep, you have to do an EFT for the duties before they deliver. They asked me for my email address! Surely that is part of the order information with CRC? The call center will now request the Cape Town office to email me an invoice. This is a very sloppy system DHL!!!!

Same thing happened to me. It turned out that they (DHL) typed in the physical address that I used and found out it belonged to my employer (I used my work address since that's where I am during the day), so they replaced all of my details with my employer's details (phone number, email address). They also put my employer's customs details on the customs declaration. Fortunately the people at the office spotted it, and forwarded the email to me, and I could get hold of the DHL guy and get it corrected. But I really would have expected them to use the details I gave them.

I spoke to CRC, and here is the system (I imagine this changes from time to time):

Standard Delivery (free delivery if you qualify):

< 3kg and < 300 GBP and < 60cm long : Royal Mail

Otherwise : Courier (see below)

Tracked Delivery (R200 extra)

> 4.5kg and < 30kg : ParcelForce

Otherwise : DHL Express

The crazy thing? They're still cheaper, lighter and better built than a set of Crossmax's / Crossrides.

Total cost was approx R 3,800 all in. Which still ain't bad.

Would have been R 2,800 without the shipping - now that's stupendously cheap.

Ye ill get stuff sent snail mail to my cousin in UK from SSC in future, he can get it here much cheaper then SSC im sure thumbup1.gif

Edited by 2Nutz