New Herald route

Kango

What do you think about the new Herald route?

Don't they want the week end warriors to participate anymore?

Sea View road is open, can we get the old rout back?

Any hopes of a personal best are history. I agree many people are going to skip the 106km race as it is going to be tough

Yes we are going suffer out there.All those hills then imagine if the easterlys blows.Then we have contend with that too!Not Aiyoba!

Train harder whistling.gif

I did the sum total of 120km of riding after eight months off the bike and I finished the old route. I am riding far more now, and yes, I will not win it, but I will finish. Doesn't matter if it is 1367th or 803rd....ride the bugger as it isclap.gif

The new route is very cool. A nice challenge. I am going to ride the 80km MTB and the road race.

In the road race there will be a very good chance of a breakaway staying away till the finish.

I agree,the new route is way too tough for the average cyclist.All that has been done is made it tougher for the pro's.It has never been an easy race but now it is going to chase a lot of potential riders away.

I certainly won't be there this time around

A tougher route sounds like fun, anyone know what the gradient is on 5k hill and 1k hill ?

Not sure of the gradient's, but 5K hill is not too steep and 1K hill is f**king steep.

Either way, the route doesn't go all the way up 5K, it turns into Lower Seaview Rd with an even steeper climb there.

It doesn't go anywhere near 1K hill as this road is still flooded (1K hill is on the Lakeside road)

Just out of interest, if you measure 5K hill from the Seaview Village (where it starts), it is actually 7kms. Not sure why it is called 5K hill

The 1 km they refer to is the 1km once you turn off 5km at the Lion park.

5km has 2 sections @ 7%. The lion park 1km is 12% for a long time.

Could not even sit and ride it out. Went home once I got to the top, that was without doing Longbarn and then there is still Maitlands

Is cycling only for the pros?