Customs clearance delay!!! FFS

Meentb

Ive recently ordered myself a set of formula R1's from CRC.

I chose the DHL delivery option. Now that worked excellent until my parcel arrived in SA. Its been in JHB for 4 days now and im getting notifications from DHL that there is a clearance delay.

Now my question is how long do the wonderful people at SARS take to release goods. I was really hoping to have these brakes fitted before the new year but that seems to be a dream!

Edited by Meentb

Guest Omega Man

Yeah. What he said. Remember most people are on holiday and the ones that are at work sure as hell aint working.

Its been in JHB for 4 days now and im getting notifications from DHL that there is a clearance delay.

Just 4 days? My new rims have been sitting in JHB since the 15th dry.png And my CRC order has been there since the 20th. I think December is a terrible month to try and import anything. Customs guys are probably on leave the whole month with packages just piling up.

Never purchase anything from a foreign country over the festive period.

+1 . They hardly do any work during the year now you expect them to do something over this period ? Not gonna happen .

Ive recently ordered myself a set of formula R1's from CRC.

I chose the DHL delivery option. Now that worked excellent until my parcel arrived in SA. Its been in JHB for 4 days now and im getting notifications from DHL that there is a clearance delay.

Now my question is how long do the assholes at SARS take to release goods. I was really hoping to have these brakes fitted before the new year but that seems to be a dream!

I would venture a fair amount of Randelas that Mr. Sars won't be in any mood to process your shipping till at least 07/01/2013 - that's if he can get past the back log building up since November. I'm waiting for some stuff from DealsExtreme and my Raspberry Pi's already ordered in November - I'm not going to the Post Office before mid January to check.

Morning,

I just imported some new gear and it arrived hear in South Africa, Checked on www.EMS.SAPO.co.za and tracked my package. It was under customs clearance for a few days. I then went to the International Mail center near the Airport on the 27/12/2012, with my invoice and payment receipt. They cleared my goods then and there. I had to take cash for import taxes as they do not have a card facility.

Thought I would add this to the post, maybe someone can benefit from it.

Cheers

Steve

They cleared my goods then and there. I had to take cash for import taxes

Sounds completely above board ph34r.png

We do have a few customs officials on The Hub, so if you want to see your brakes in the next few months I would suggest you dial back your tone and insults.

Just changed it. But maybe i must also hide behind a nom de plume like yourself!

To be fair: I had two parcels cleared from Evans between 16/12 and today. Another from CRC early Dec. Even spoke to the guys on the phone this am. Bicycle parts seldomly cause hassles (had to write a short explanation for one parcel a few days ago), BUT importing clothes is a no-no - always hassles!

customs clearances can take literally a few minutes these days, majority of clearances are computer checked, risk profiled and released, the delay is probably with whoever is effecting the clearances and making up the documents etc.

or it could have been stopped for an inspection which could take a few working days to get an appointment for an exam..... that's unfortunate,

bear in mind if coming through DHL they have to submit a proper entry to SARS for which you need to be registered for as an importer, that could be the cause of the delay.

Just changed it. But maybe i must also hide behind a nom de plume like yourself!

Uhm....riiiiight wacko.png

Nothing gets by this onewhistling.gif

i had no problems with my cassette / chain from CRC , when i paid the vat i just emailed DHL the goods were delivered the next day. i got notified of the payments by email on 13 dec and received delivery on 18th (the 17th was a public holiday)