Not impressed with Bridge Cycles.

Shandef007

A few months ago i bought a Specialized from Bridge Cycles, i was very excited about my purchase and was stoked to be shredding up the mountains again, however after my first ride there were a few issues so i went back to Bridge Cycles so they could sort it out, then i collected it and yet AGAIN i had to return to Bridge Cycles that same day to fix the same issue! In the first week i had my bike for 2 out of 7 days... So i was rather disappointed with my recent purchase as it was in the shop more than i was able to ride!

Anyway, Mark helped me choose my bike and sold me on the premis that "everything" was included in this deal, including a tubeless conversion! Well, to my disgust i got a puncture on Monday (yes New Years day) and upon trying to figure out why i had gotten the puncture, i found that the so called "Tubeless conversion" was infact not at all tubeless! Also, there was no "setup" i had to take my bike to Cyclelab in order for them to set the shock pressure (it was WAY too soft), they adjusted all the gearing for me and setup my bike to fit me. Which they did free of charge as well!

I am disappointed that i was sold on false pretences by Mark as well as the poor level of service which i have recieved from Bridge Cycles, I LOVE MY BIKE! But i will never be using Bridge Cycles for any of my cycling needs in the future!

Edited by Shandef007

I also was not impressed with after sales service - to me the workshop seemed way too small and I was never happy when I got the new bike back and ended up setting up the gears and breaks myself.

The prices were not bad, but you prefer the whole package to be good, otherwise you feel weird taking a new bike to another dealer for repairs.

I also find when I go to buy parts etc. they ignore you until you make an effort to ask for help in buying something.

All hubbers have been warned, and still you guys go back for more....

I guess we all believe in second chances. LOLSeriously though, most LBS's have received rants at some point or another.Don't judge them by the rant but rather by the effort to rectify the situation.

I guess we all believe in second chances. LOLSeriously though, most LBS's have received rants at some point or another.Don't judge them by the rant but rather by the effort to rectify the situation.

Well it's been four days. Will remember to stay away from Bridge Cycles when I'm in Cape Town again Edited by Wil6

Why did you go there in the first place? You are responsible for your own decisions.

Ag come on, how was he suppose to know the guy is a prick?