SLOW Spruit Night Ride- Wed 16 Jan

BBN

After the success of last week, 23 riders, we better do it again!

Plan to do the normal Spruit route via the top of Delta Park, up to and around Emmerentia and then on to Alberts Farm and back to Fratellis. Ride is +/- 28kms and will be a gentle, until dark of course when everyone seems to turn into speed freaks!

Everyone welcome of course.

17.45 RIDE: meeting at Fratelli's, cnr Conrad & Hillcrest, Blairgowrie. Leaving 18.00 & returning around 20.00 for pizza and beer with anyone who wants to stay.

Will be dark around 19.15 so bring lights.

Look for me on the silver Pyga.

Edited by BBN

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good!

Last time one guy didn't bring lights and had to leave for home with his friend half way.

Im in.

Can we add Delta Park also?

Start the ride at 17:30 and add this extra bit in. Adds about 2km to the ride in total.

Oh and maybe don't call these SLOW rides. They are getting closer to the intermediate mark.

Last week was

• 28.4km
    Distance
  • 271m
    Elevation
  • 02:00:48
    Moving Time

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Im in.

Start the ride at 17:30 and add this extra bit in. Adds about 2km to the ride in total.

Oh and maybe don't call these SLOW rides. They are getting closer to the intermediate mark.

Last week was

• 28.4km
    Distance
  • 271m
    Elevation
  • 02:00:48
    Moving Time

Sure can, the hill will get the heart pumping early in the ride!

Are you talking about going round the outer loop or something in the middle, didn't think you jump guys would like the hill up the side of Bantam.

Speed wise, everyone seems to speed up after dark!

Would keep the start to 6pm, 2kms won't add much to the ride and means more ' dark time'!!!!

If we do the top of Delta and then go round Emmarentia 'clockwise' the ride will be about the same distance.

Edited by BBN

Im in.

you'd choose to ride up that hill? Are you training for something?

you'd choose to ride up that hill? Are you training for something?

Bring a bungee and hook on to a big wheeler!

Sure can, the hill will get the heart pumping early in the ride!

Are you talking about going round the outer loop or something in the middle, didn't think you jump guys would like the hill up the side of Bantam.

Speed wise, everyone seems to speed up after dark!

Would keep the start to 6pm, 2kms won't add much to the ride and means more ' dark time'!!!!

If we do the top of Delta and then go round Emmarentia 'clockwise' the ride will be about the same distance.

I was thinking more something in the middle. The big climb up the side is not a great thing to do so early in the ride. Systems are nowhere near warmed up.

We can however do it on the way back. Climb up the middle, head through the park and up to the top of Delta.

I was thinking more something in the middle. The big climb up the side is not a great thing to do so early in the ride. Systems are nowhere near warmed up.

We can however do it on the way back. Climb up the middle, head through the park and up to the top of Delta.

In the dark = cool, but hopefully not as fast as the guys go back in the dark.... wacko.png