Lynnwood Cyclery - Customer Experience

gatskopza

So I presume they have taken over the spot where FPC used to be, then became Specialzed and have moved further up the drag next to Barden Tyres? Will have to pop in and see what they got. Was always very impressed with FPC's service - very helpful bunch!

Actually the original FPC that moved to from Duncan Street to Gift Acres was bought by the same person that owns the Specialized store in Melrose Arch. He then sold it to Andy Terlouw who use to own Auto Xtra Cycles but sold it and went into the car business. He then retired from the car business and sold all his shares and dealerships and went back to bicycles with the purchase of Full Performance Cycles(FPC). He decided to move it and make it a Specialized store

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see why people are being charged at some shops for bolts, when I was still studying and worked at Hatfield Cycles we had a box of bolts were out off we helped plenty of customers

Actually the original FPC that moved to from Duncan Street to Gift Acres was bought by the same person that owns the Specialized store in Melrose Arch. He then sold it to Andy Terlouw who use to own Auto Xtra Cycles but sold it and went into the car business. He then retired from the car business and sold all his shares and dealerships and went back to bicycles with the purchase of Full Performance Cycles(FPC). He decided to move it and make it a Specialized store

Ok.... having a blonde moment - SPECIALIZED STORE next to Barden tires and Lynnwood Cyclery is now where FPC USED to be - downstairs in the old gift acres centre. I wonder if the number collections will still be there for the Nissan Series?

Lynnwood Cyclery is the name of the PTA Specialized Concept store, located next to the Barden tyres place. @lynnwoodcyclery on the Twitters. Gert is the manager that used to work at the FPC, which turned into the Cyclery and moved. FPC is no more AFIK.

Jip - Agree...Every single shop has got spares lying around...But also true...Most shops will only really help you if they see you want a new R60k bike...But help the customer today the best you can...even if he just wants advice...or a few bolts...you never know...tomorrow he's back buying a new bike...or he tells he's friends and they will buy new bikes/parts.

Jip - Agree...Every single shop has got spares lying around...But also true...Most shops will only really help you if they see you want a new R60k bike...But help the customer today the best you can...even if he just wants advice...or a few bolts...you never know...tomorrow he's back buying a new bike...or he tells he's friends and they will buy new bikes/parts.

+1.

Ignore a customer and you'll never know how much money he could have made you. Give him R10's bolts for free and he makes you a rich man.

I cycled with him a coouple of times at the Singletrack (in Hazeldean) group rides. Awesome bloke. I have to agree, the service at the new shop really is good

Edited by Grondpad

Lynnwood Cyclery is the name of the PTA Specialized Concept store, located next to the Barden tyres place. @lynnwoodcyclery on the Twitters. Gert is the manager that used to work at the FPC, which turned into the Cyclery and moved. FPC is no more AFIK.

Thanks for clearing that up! Now I FINALLY got it! clap.gif

• 5 months later...

I went there looking for bolts for my cleats. Was given 4 at no cost. Nearly fell over. Service there is amazing, they go out of thir way to help no matter how small your request is. Some other shops they only pay attention to you when you inicate that you want to blow a wad of cash. Well done guys.

Another big rave for these guys. After getting very depressed with my noisy Avid trail brakes and after following the doom and gloom of the Avid brakes in the MTB Brake discussion last week, I went to Lynnwood Cyclery. They immediately said they know what is wrong, took my bike and fiddled with the brakes and after 20min I had my bike back, no noise and at no cost.......I have also done the BG fit and got a new saddle from them. I can really recommend them!

Back in Jozi, the guys at Linden Cycles (ask for Edu) are really great. Needed a few new bolts and the same thing, after a bit of scratching about, hey presto he found them, and when I asked how much, they were on the house..... Customer service in general at Linden is top shelf, well my experience, and goes a loooong way....

I can also attest to their great service! I had some major difficulty getting a Downhill tire off of a rim and went there for some assistance.... they sorted me out without any trouble. The guys in the shop are really friendly and willing to help with even the smallest problem or question!

+1 to the Lynnwood Cyclery team!!

Also a big thumbs up from my side.

Bought a couple of bikes at them. Gert is very knowledgeable and always helps out where he can.

Oom Andy is also a very nice dude and his presence in the shop makes it a hands on approach which I like.

I would also like to piggy back on this thread. I have bounced around Cycle shops in the Pretoria area, the first experience is always a good one but on return its never the same. However with Lynnwood Cyclery I have always had a great experience. Had all my bikes serviced there, always got more value than I expected with great interactions.

Thanks Lynnwood Cyclery :thumbup: Plus its 5min from my house... :clap:

With all the comments on this shop moving and what was FPC etc etc.

Where exactly is it now? I am going to be in Hatfield at the end of the month and would like to take a look.

With all the comments on this shop moving and what was FPC etc etc.

Where exactly is it now? I am going to be in Hatfield at the end of the month and would like to take a look.

Drive up Lynnwood Rd past where they were in the Gift Acres Centre. As you pass Safari you will get to the next set of traffic lights, and they are in the centre on your left there.