Maxi icons for Epic and Attakwas

Hendrik vd Walt

hi, I am going that route for attakwas. Everyone knows what happened to 360life in epic with these but I talked to one of my mates who's done 2 epics and an attekwas with it and won the namib quest with it and had no issues whatsoever. Good enough for me.

Ive done 2 offroad rides and they are pretty awesome, reminds me of schwalbes.

I have the Ikons (EXC/3C/EXO)...

Im still undecided on them, yes they roll very nicely but feel a bit thin for my liking. I also find them quite sketchy on loose gravel.

I personally dont mind pedalling that little harder with peace of mind and will go put a Mountain King 2 Protection on the front and an X-King protection at the back when these are finished. Before Joberg2c this combo is what I will have on.

icon voor en agter, daai bande het nie issues nie, van die beste wat daar is , watookal jy mee ry moet net nie kom ry met ralps nie

I have the Ikons (EXC/3C/EXO)...

Im still undecided on them, yes they roll very nicely but feel a bit thin for my liking. I also find them quite sketchy on loose gravel.

I personally dont mind pedalling that little harder with peace of mind and will go put a Mountain King 2 Protection on the front and an X-King protection at the back when these are finished. Before Joberg2c this combo is what I will have on.

MK and XK combo is awesome. Haven't found anything I couldn't do with them, and puncture-wise they're amazing.

MK and XK combo is awesome. Haven't found anything I couldn't do with them, and puncture-wise they're amazing.

I needed to hear this thumbup1.gif

I did J2C last year with a MK2 on the front and a RK on the rear so this year Ill only be changing the rear to the X-King

Personal preference - none of these tyres are rubbish. Make your choice and hope for the best. What you do need is snakeskin/protection or whatever else it is called.

I needed to hear this thumbup1.gif

I did J2C last year with a MK2 on the front and a RK on the rear so this year Ill only be changing the rear to the X-King

thumbup1.gif

RK is fast. XK is slightly slower but has more grip. Either way it's the front tyre that matters most.

Personal preference - none of these tyres are rubbish. Make your choice and hope for the best. What you do need is snakeskin/protection or whatever else it is called.

+1. Some tyres work for some, and some don't.

Ikon rolls nicely, but not the grippiest tyres around. They let go in the corners and you never quite sure when they will come back.

Also found that on slighly loose up hill climbs they useless.

Running a Mountain King on the back now and find it way more predictable and a better all round tyre.

Unless you chasing a Podium finish, I wouldnt waste my time with the Ikon.

And how will the iKon's handle the wet weather that's predicted for the Atta?

ever ice skated?