Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

I used to ride a 26er stumpy which I should never have sold! I have borrowed 29er stumpy's from spaz on two occasions. I wasn't sold on the 29er stumpy even tho I don't have anything bad to say about them. I just could not get comfortable on them once the trail started pointing downwards.

I didn't think that spaz would have 650b test bikes yet since I'm told I can only buy one next year. I have on a few occasions tried to get information about the enduro from the jhb concept stores and they all seem clueless. I have had to phone ballito to get any info on the enduro...

Edit: any idea where I could get their schedule with dates and locations for the test the best tour? I wouldn't mind popping down to kzn to a demo day there!

Concept Waterfall had a demo weekend now with the Hill to Hill but you would not of found a Enduro in any wheel size there,they say it's special order and SA is more the market for Marathon bikes so they don't see them selling many Enduros

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have your ridden a 29er Enduro?

yes, but only briefly, what a bike.

i know it won a bunch of bike of the year awards and is considered a really playful bike. one of the main things people say about the 29er is that it isint just playful for a 29er, its playful and agile for a bike fullstop.

that being said, i thought i made it quite clear that i didnt make a serious post at all there, i dont think it even counts as constructive. if i didnt and everyone got offended, thats my bad and wasnt my intention.

so, let me just get my point across in a less offensive manner. if i was Mr. nofearnofun i would wait and get the 650b enduro.

what a dilemma to have!

Concept Waterfall had a demo weekend now with the Hill to Hill but you would not of found a Enduro in any wheel size there,they say it's special order and SA is more the market for Marathon bikes so they don't see them selling many Enduros

For some reason my post didn't contain my response...

Edited by Nofearnofun

And again...

Edited by Nofearnofun

I have come to realise that the information we are fed is directly linked to the type of riding that the person you ask for information is in to.

At the KZN provincials at Giba this year, Spaz were there with a fleet of Enduro's to test. The Monday after I decided to call a concept store here in JHB to enquire about buying an Enduro only to be told that there is only one Enduro in SA which belongs to a concept store owner and the only reason he has one is because he brought it into SA specially for himself...

yes, but only briefly, what a bike.

i know it won a bunch of bike of the year awards and is considered a really playful bike. one of the main things people say about the 29er is that it isint just playful for a 29er, its playful and agile for a bike fullstop.

that being said, i thought i made it quite clear that i didnt make a serious post at all there, i dont think it even counts as constructive. if i didnt and everyone got offended, thats my bad and wasnt my intention.

so, let me just get my point across in a less offensive manner. if i was Mr. nofearnofun i would wait and get the 650b enduro.

what a dilemma to have!

There was no offence taken, I was just interested to in weather or not you had ridden one.

The only reason why the 29er is even an option is because of a few mates of mine that have ridden the 29er Enduro... I don't know a large amount of guys that have ridden one but the ones that have are all 26er die hard fans, each and every one of them have said "Do it! what an epic bike!"

I have come to realise that the information we are fed is directly linked to the type of riding that the person you ask for information is in to. At the KZN provincials at Giba this year, Spaz were there with a fleet of Enduro's to test. The Monday after I decided to call a concept store here in JHB to enquire about buying an Enduro only to be told that there is only one Enduro in SA which belongs to a concept store owner and the only reason he has one is because he brought it into SA specially for himself...

100% right there, No fear. Prejudices and personal feelings get in the way of proper information all the time. I see it all the time in my industry! Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

I have come to realise that the information we are fed is directly linked to the type of riding that the person you ask for information is in to.

At the KZN provincials at Giba this year, Spaz were there with a fleet of Enduro's to test. The Monday after I decided to call a concept store here in JHB to enquire about buying an Enduro only to be told that there is only one Enduro in SA which belongs to a concept store owner and the only reason he has one is because he brought it into SA specially for himself...

The Concept Stores here in KZN really don't make an effort to push the Enduro,not even the Stumpy. They will rather try and give you a Camber or a Epic boooo! Some of us are not race snakes and marathoners like a lot of people in this country,bring some of those wicked Enduro rigs in that the guys in Europe get. Edited by MariusKlokie

its just the mindset of the industry here ...

I went for a ride yesterday with the guys from my old shop - and even my mate Jason who used to ride DH ... was saying "Why do you want another bike that has 150mm of travel? - rather go for a 125mm travel bike ....Then i reminded him what i did to my last 120mm bike (cracked in 3 places) and he changed his tune ...

They all said (while furiously pedalling their 29ers up hill) that if i had a 29er hardtail that weighed 9kg i would be way quicker up the hills and be able to keep up ... To which i replied that i dont care about going up ... and this was shown immediately as we rode a number of new sections down and they all got smoked - so much so that Jason ate it twice - and he is a flipping competent rider. 

But its because so many people just want a light race bike and not a fun play bike that that is how your mind gets tuned to react like ...

I went for a ride yesterday with the guys from my old shop - and even my mate Jason who used to ride DH ... was saying "Why do you want another bike that has 150mm of travel? - rather go for a 125mm travel bike ....Then i reminded him what i did to my last 120mm bike (cracked in 3 places) and he changed his tune ...

They all said (while furiously pedalling their 29ers up hill) that if i had a 29er hardtail that weighed 9kg i would be way quicker up the hills and be able to keep up ... To which i replied that i dont care about going up ... and this was shown immediately as we rode a number of new sections down and they all got smoked - so much so that Jason ate it twice - and he is a flipping competent rider. 

But its because so many people just want a light race bike and not a fun play bike that that is how your mind gets tuned to react like ...

Jason's turned into a race snake!? WHAT!!!?

Guest Omega Man

There was no offence taken, I was just interested to in weather or not you had ridden one.

The only reason why the 29er is even an option is because of a few mates of mine that have ridden the 29er Enduro... I don't know a large amount of guys that have ridden one but the ones that have are all 26er die hard fans, each and every one of them have said "Do it! what an epic bike!"

I've ridden one and for the type of riding I like to do it's PHENOMENAL 

Edit*

I've ridden one and for the type of riding I like to think I do it's PHENOMENAL 

Edited by Omega Man

True that Nigel,I use to race and be worried about riding a light bike,but now that I'm older I prefer and love going downhill rather. Even if I am on a 29er trail bike I would rather go and bomb down a hill than ride myself to pieces going up just to see who gets to the top the quickest. That's what I was saying about my post In Hill to Hill,the guys we're climbing like mountain goats up the hill but I caught them going down because they not very good on the technical sections. Man I felt like laughing out loud as I was passing them.

True that Nigel,I use to race and be worried about riding a light bike,but now that I'm older I prefer and love going downhill rather. Even if I am on a 29er trail bike I would rather go and bomb down a hill than ride myself to pieces going up just to see who gets to the top the quickest. That's what I was saying about my post In Hill to Hill,the guys we're climbing like mountain goats up the hill but I caught them going down because they not very good on the technical sections. Man I felt like laughing out loud as I was passing them.

Recon the best is to be able to climb like the race snakes and decent like the DH boys.