Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the now very commonly found PYGA110 is a great handling bike, and a big Wheeler to boot. It is a bike that is built to last and the frame is stiff enough for a ...........Let's just say big boned rider. ...............

Was about to say. The Process is kaanget. But we mos make a way. Probably why it would be my first choice out of that bunch. But also because its the sluttiest.

http://www.konaworld.com/images/bikes/main/process_153.jpg

Just look at her. Such a tease.

So the reign will go up for sale with then lyrik on it?

You gonna sell the 55 too? Just curious

Would be sold with the 66. Lyrik has gone to a new home

Those Yeti's are sweet but the service of the local distributer is k@k, hope they get their acts together. Was going to buy one but decided to luss the possibility of future headaches.

That Norco looks great, and the thunderbolt too, but i would personally go for the Altitude instead, Rather too much travel than too little, the geo can be dial'd in via the ride9 system to suite your style and mates of mine who have them are loving them. I do like their 2015 carbon frame colour.

Why not add the Trek Remedy to that list? Hearing awesome things about them, and with the project 1 option you could have a 1 of a kind locally. They also have test bikes available as far as I know. I saw a matt blue Trek the other day at Cyclefunatics and it looked so good. Give them a shout and i'm sure they can hook you up with a test bike.

remedy is definitely an option. Love that penske shock.

Then the now very commonly found PYGA110 is a great handling bike, and a big Wheeler to boot. It is a bike that is built to last and the frame is stiff enough for a ...........Let's just say big boned rider. ...............

Lol.

Yes. Indeed. If I went pyga tho it'd be the new 160 when it comes out. Or the 140

I think you're neglecting a very sexy option.

The Niner WFO 9?

Yep. Haven't looked into it just yet. But in order to supercede the trek and Spaz it needs to be brilliant. We Wi see what the reviews say

remedy is definitely an option. Love that penske shock.

Trek are going to be making big moves in sa again from the end of this year with far better sales and after sales support.

Expect trek concept store's soon too in ct foreshore and in stellenbosch being the first.

Also like the new breed of trek duallies

Trek are going to be making big moves in sa again from the end of this year with far better sales and after sales support.

Expect trek concept store's soon too in ct foreshore and in stellenbosch being the first.

Also like the new breed of trek duallies

That's very good news indeed. And it seems as if their pricing has become a bit less, shall we say, ridiculous

Lol.

Yes. Indeed. If I went pyga tho it'd be the new 160 when it comes out. Or the 140

Sorry, was under the impression you were going to still keep the reign when I posted that.

Sorry, was under the impression you were going to still keep the reign when I posted that.

Ah. No. My budget, sadly, does not extend that far.

Never know though. in a year, it might.

5 bikes then

Roadie (wwhich I will be selling soon)

Djxc (small scott aspect dirt jumpified)

my felt ht (ss?)

Giant

new Do it all Bike.

Lol.

Just my 2 cents. Many great bikes listed there and everyone will have pros and cons. I have been riding a Rocky Mountain Altitude Rally edition and have been really impressed so far. The ride 9 really lets you dial the bike in to what you want and gives you a large variety of geo adjustment for different riding styles. Pedals really well and feels very stable. Really been fun to ride.

The rally edition is great, but man the price :eek:

Same goes for the kona, as I wsa desperately wanting to buy a process 167http://www.konaworld.com/images/bikes/hires/process_167.jpg

or  the process 153 but some serious lack or communication for a warranty replacement left me relying on insurance and looking at somthing else.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

So after somehow managing to snap my frame I was completely lost as after my knee op last year I was now up Tokai around 3 times during the week for short runs and a longer ride on the weekend. 

I managed to get my hands on a morewood shova with a few xtras perfect. Only downside its a med. I rebuilt the bike. I did one run in tokai over the weekend, and decided that the 45mm stem was way too small and an upgrade is needed.

So any way here she stands 70mm stem and 785 wide bars. Bike is awesome and the rear smooths the trail out very nicely.  But I was still on the hunt for a new frame, this was just somthing in the meantime. Then my said to me, how much is a frame, how much is a bike? Just buy a complete bike, lol, I didnt look back aint she awesome!!!