To the Roadie on the West Coast Road Last night

Hairy

This is most sensible post on this entire thread. One person can raise an opinion about something with another, said person must then also be ready to have that opinion rejected, as much as you have the right to tell him to be safe, he has the right to tell you to go away. Forcing ones opinion or beliefs on other is a very dangerous road to go down. So like I said, look after yourself, tell the guy what you want, but then dont cry when tells you to go away.

The issue here is not that an opinion was raised, but rather the fact the guy did not get his way, and then comes to the hub looking for support.

You just don't get it do you, and my assumption based on your feedback on this thread, I would say you are the kind of person who does nothing to make the world a better place, but would sit down and complain that nothing works the way it should.

The hope was to also find the rider on this forum at the same time.

Don't worry about the apology, it would not be worthwhile or sincere in any event ... at least I would assume so.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy and paste the part you want an apologise to for attacking your character, and I will consider it.

I however think it might be a bit hypocritical, as your opening post on this thread has more character attacks on the roadie dude than I have made posts.

As to the part where you say I "questioned" you, I disagree, I merely said it is easy coming to a forum and posting a one sided story, I never that is what you did.

You just don't get it do you, and my assumption based on your feedback on this thread, I would say you are the kind of person who does nothing to make the world a better place, but would sit down and complain that nothing works the way it should.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, a character attack!!! sies, I demand an apology, how dare you assume something about my character :ph34r:

I recommend you dont act like a total chop and turn this into a roadie MTB knobbly thing.

I am sure he cycles because he likes it, just as much as you do. I am also sure if he was to post here, he would probably say your initial vocal exchanges were probably not very polite.

In summary, coming here looking for a reaction with a one sided story just makes you seem the douche. Just saying.

Copy and paste the part you want an apologise to for attacking your character, and I will consider it.

I however think it might be a bit hypocritical, as your opening post on this thread has more character attacks on the roadie dude than I have made posts.

As to the part where you say I "questioned" you, I disagree, I merely said it is easy coming to a forum and posting a one sided story, I never that is what you did.

There you go. Just in case you have a bad memory, as well as a bad case of self importance.

There you go. Just in case you have a bad memory, as well as a bad case of self importance.

Perfect thanks:

So,

1. Dont come here and ACT like a chop, never said he was one.

2. Makes you SEEM like THE douche, in the situation, again never called him one.

Jeez dude, you guys are worse than children! Oops, there I just did comment on your character, but honestly, this pettiness does deserve it.

No go an take your anger out on a interval session or something, I'm over this, clearly no point debating with someone who cannot take criticism. (Kind of sounds like the guy who you moaned about in the first place)

Keep safe.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, a character attack!!! sies, I demand an apology, how dare you assume something about my character :ph34r:

LOL, so you saw what I did there and my dark sense of humour there .... I also have a :ph34r: face.

So let's shake hands and agree to disagree on certain issues?

LOL, so you saw what I did there and my dark sense of humour there .... I also have a :ph34r: face.

I'm fine with that, the one guy you should shake hands with is "the roadie on West Coast Road lastnight" who also agreed to disagree with you..... :thumbup:

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

Perfect thanks:

So,

1. Dont come here and ACT like a chop, never said he was one.

2. Makes you SEEM like a douche, again never called him one.

Jeez dude, you guys are worse than children! Oops, there I just did comment on your character, but honestly, this pettiness does deserve it.

No go an take your anger out on a interval session or something, I'm over this, clearly no point debating with someone who cannot take criticism. (Kind of sounds like the guy who you moaned about in the first place)

Keep safe.

Personally, I don't think it was pettiness to begin with. H was just saying that the oke is endangering lives due to him not using a light before / after dark. His comments re MTB / Knobbly / Road weapon were just references to how the cyclist felt fit to categorise them as "beginners" and subsequently got his ass handed to him.

As for your response, well, that was completely uncalled for, considering that the OP and subsequent posts were regarding a plea for the rider to adopt a safer approach to his morning / evening commute.

I'm fine with that, the one guy you should shake hands with is "the roadie on sunset lastnight" who also agreed to disagree with you..... :thumbup:

Only after he buys a light. Until then he should expect a comment / chirp each time he is passed by other, more responsible cyclists. Same as I would chirp a guy who runs a red, or a car that drives in the yellow lane etc.

It's just common sense.

I'm fine with that, the one guy you should shake hands with is "the roadie on West Coast Road lastnight" who also agreed to disagree with you..... :thumbup:

So we are cool then.

I am not cool with the cyclist in question.

Why give a toss about other people putting their life in danger? The world is overpopulated as is and the people pulling off these stunts are usually douche bags. If you want to ride without a helmet, with no lights, in the middle of the road, 5 abreast then go the hell ahead and do it.

1 less idiot putting the lives of other people in danger is a good thing.

I'm over this, clearly no point debating with someone who cannot take criticism. (Kind of sounds like the guy who you moaned about in the first place)

Keep safe.

Can we at least agree that the person in question should have a light? If not, why not?

If this is directed at me (which it seems to be) then I implore you to try harder. I thrive on criticism.

Only after he buys a light. Until then he should expect a comment / chirp each time he is passed by other, more responsible cyclists. Same as I would chirp a guy who runs a red, or a car that drives in the yellow lane etc.

It's just common sense.

You are missing the point further than a drunken pool player misses a backspin shot. You CAN tell him he must buy a light, just as much as he CAN say no. Just because its common sense to you, it does not mean it is for other people who have a different view BELIEF of what common sense is. Forcing your opinion/beliefs on people who see things differently than you, is worse than riding without a light.

Why give a toss about other people putting their life in danger? The world is overpopulated as is and the people pulling off these stunts are usually douche bags. If you want to ride without a helmet, with no lights, in the middle of the road, 5 abreast then go the hell ahead and do it.

1 less idiot putting the lives of other people in danger is a good thing.

• It is illegal
  • It can lead to others being harmed or being killed should they be involved in an accident with this rider or they could be be harmed or killed by taking evasive action
  • PR work done to improve the rep of cyclist gets thrown out the window

You are missing the point further than a drunken pool player misses a backspin shot. You CAN tell him he must buy a light, just as much as he CAN say no. Just because its common sense to you, it does not mean it is for other people who have a different view BELIEF of what common sense is. Forcing your opinion/beliefs on people who see things differently than you, is worse than riding without a light.

It is also illegal to be cycling on a public road without lights.