[Event] Sabie Experience

simhen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waiting for my ride - he should be here any minute now. Cannot wait! From blegh on not finding a partner 5 months ago, to planning a nice long base ride for this weekend on Manday, to getting two free solo entries on Tuesday! Epic. (Yes I just went there)

One member of the family that is not happy about the fact that we're leaving for Sabie. He started sulking as soon as he saw that his food was not packed in.

post-13836-0-46398300-1386837010_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know when/where registration is?

Floreat hotel until 18:00 and then race briefing start at 18:00 (same place)

Just collected the goodie bag. They have built a brand new venue or shall I say that they are still building it. What worries me is that they will not be able to handle the traffic through the entrance they used for registration on race day. Hopefully they have another plan otherwise expect hours to get into the parking.

Day 1 done, venue was fine, the course was really muddy in parts. It has just started to rain again so tomorrow should be a tester.

day 2 a hard day , but excellent riding !

Yip that was a tough day for less than 50k, I'm almost happy that tomorrow's stage has been cancelled.

Bitterly dissappointed about tomorrow's stage being cancelled!!! Riding on Monday, packing up camp & driving back to Pta not a good plan; so still contemplating what to do; but will probably settle for 2 days riding and head back monday morning :-(

Really dissappointed!!!!

ACM you're going to miss an awesome days riding. If they keep the stage 4 course as planned you will have the iconic Mamba switchbacks which is a challenge for any rider. But my favourite is the decent including Rocky Horror followed by some of the sweetest single track around as you traverse the eastern face of the escarpment heading back to the start. I am guessing but the streams will all be flowing with crystal clear water clean enough to drink if you so wish. Well worth delaying the trip back home.

The two days we had so far were great, it is very unfortunate that we were not allowed to ride (even a fun ride) today, feeling very miffed about it. Also feel that the organizers could have done a bit better to give us some alternatives, maybe an option to ride today's stage on Tuesday, or maybe some form of discount on next year's entry?. It is really a very long way to come for a 35km, 48km and 60km race. Still looking forward to tomorrow's stage, but not sure if I will come back next year.....

Problem for us is that we've pitched FULL campsite (caravan, full tents, etc) & to pack up takes about 2hrs+. So doing a 5hrs ride, packing up and driving (with caravan) back to PTA in one day not really nice to do. So we're going to tey and do a 35km ride from 6am and then packup and head back. Really disapointed that we've missed stage 3 of wannabe team event. Maybe we'll come back in 2014 for revenge!!!