MTB Skills Clinic iRideAfrica

cadenceblur

Interestingly enough there was a big fight on a local clubs FB page around trail maintenance with one of the arguments being around braking ruts. Now chatting to a friend this morning the main areas where the worst damage is are not where the beginners ride so makes one think doesn't it.

Ja, unfortunately some people still think that skidding is, like, lekka koel and stuff! The "braking bumps" are made almost exclusively by people snatching a handful of back brake, to the deterioration of the trail. AKA - being a plonker.

Probably right. The guys have no idea what level you're at, and if you think you're an advanced level MTBer but can't bunnyhop a brick, then you'll have a bit of a problem on the Intermediate course.

EDIT: And, unfortunately in this time of lawyers taking any case whatsoever, they have to protect themselves first.

Mmm I did advise him that I had done a few Multi Stages in my life and had a good number of podiums in my Cat. I just wanted a brush up specifically on the real rocky stuff, the least I thought they could do was to assess you then advise, oh well he lost 2 customers.

If you're ever in Cape Town Pom1, then give us a call. I make sure everyone gets what they want out of each of our courses. Some people learn quicker than others, even if they are more or less at the same level, so I change our course content to match what they need to learn.

• 1 month later...

Hi Hubbers,

We have a few places for our Level 2 skills clinic this Saturday at Meerendal and our Level 4 clinic in Tokai on Sunday. Both from 2-5pm. Please check out our website for more details about each level. Become a better rider!

Hi Hubbers,

We have a few places for our Level 2 skills clinic this Saturday at Meerendal and our Level 4 clinic in Tokai on Sunday. Both from 2-5pm. Please check out our website for more details about each level. Become a better rider!

I like that you have the new levels! :thumbup:

I unfortunately won't be able to make any this month, but hopefully will be able to next month!

Great Disylizzy! We decided to introduce the 'levels' mostly because there is such a range of skill in the intermediate classes.

So now basically it goes like this;

Level 1 = total beginner ie doesn't know how to change gears, doesn't know which brakes to use, never ridden much singletrack

Level 2 = getting the hang of the bike but still uncomfortable on singletrack that isn't flat and straight!

Level 3 = Has difficulty in tricky sections of singletrack. Rocks, roots and switchbacks slow you down too much.

Level 4 = Want to get comfortable doing drops, steep switchbacks and high speed cornering.

• 1 month later...

Hi Hubbers,

I am holding a Level 4 skills course this Saturday in Tokai and there is still space for those intermediate/ advanced riders wanting to get more confident on technical trails.

We'll be focussing on the steep, gnarly switchbacks (up and down) on the bridal path, as well as high speed cornering and drops of different heights (and maybe a small jump or two).

More information here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers,

I am holding a Level 3 skills course this Sunday in Tokai and there is still space for those intermediate/ advanced riders wanting to get more confident on technical trails. In fact only 3 riders confirmed so you will get a lot out of this clinic.

The focus is on;

• Body Positioning
  • Riding Switchbacks
  • Getting up steep sections
  • Lifting your front wheel
  • Un-weighting your back wheel

A special price to hubbers of R250 for the clinic if you sign up today!