Man Cave v2.0

Azonic

Just bought a PS3 through the Takealot.com deal this morning! Perfect weather for initiating it this weekend!

Why? The PS4 is due in September? Or is it an insane offer?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? The PS4 is due in September? Or is it an insane offer?

R2700 for a (4th generation) slim 320GB version + 3 quality games.

Know the PS4 is coming, but will be at a much higher price initially, and doesn't have backwards compatibility. And I still want to play the Uncharted series and GOW series etc. etc.. And now I finally have a Blu-Ray player!

Know the PS4 is coming, but will be at a much higher price initially, and doesn't have backwards compatibility. And I still want to play the Uncharted series and GOW series etc. etc.. And now I finally have a Blu-Ray player!

Indeed and the new GTA will still be on PS3!!!!!!!!!!!

Should've got the 500Gb unit, but I think you are spot on.

When the PS3 was launched they were over R7000 so realistically the PS4 will only be at a reasonable price 2 years prior launch. Also the games released for the new console usually lag behind initially anyway. I am a Gran Turismo fan waited till GT5 was released before upgrading, will wait til GT6 is released and then only consider a PS4.

As a side note, I don't have a man cave as such in that my Bike stands in the garage but my other hobby is Tarantulas and I do own my own spider room in the house which everybody is too scared to go into, especially our domestic!!

Edited by sk27

Will have to see that, way too much speculation and uncertainty at the moment.

Jip. E3 is in two weeks with some answers hopefully.

Should've got the 500Gb unit, but I think you are spot on.

When the PS3 was launched they were over R7000 so realistically the PS4 will only be at a reasonable price 2 years prior launch. Also the games released for the new console usually lag behind initially anyway. I am a Gran Turismo fan waited till GT5 was released before upgrading, will wait til GT6 is released and then only consider a PS4.

The 500GB super slim is about R1000 more, with no games. Won't be using it for massive amounts of storage, just the mandatory game installs and save games I guess. Media server will still live on the home PC.

Excited though. Feel like a kid again :-)

Now I just need the man-cave. Though I am still single, so guess the whole flat is a man-cave?

Edited by BlinkFan

but my other hobby is Tarantulas and I do own my own spider room in the house which everybody is too scared to go into, especially our domestic!!

Nooooooooooooo thanks. Guess I will not be visiting you then..............

Dancing pole + stripper.

My wife's cousing got divorced a few years ago. Less than a month after the final papers went through, her ex converted the dining room into a bar, installed a polished brass stripper pole and went out and bought a 996.

True story,

Chapter closed if you ask me. No hard feelings either! :clap:

Nowhere near.

Valve Audio Genesis pre-amp.

Valve Audio Black Widow power amp.

Valve Audio Whisper Genesis phono-amp.

Cd player is a Consonance Droplet.

Turntable is an Avid Volvere Sequel witn an SME V arm and at the moment a Clearaudio Stradivari cartridge.

Speakers are Martin Logan.

Headphones atre Grado GS 1000 i's.

Headphone amp is Musical Fidelity.

:drool:

Would love to experience that. Great setup.

Edited by SyncSA

The 500GB super slim is about R1000 more, with no games. Won't be using it for massive amounts of storage, just the mandatory game installs and save games I guess. Media server will still live on the home PC.

Excited though. Feel like a kid again :-)

Now I just need the man-cave. Though I am still single, so guess the whole flat is a man-cave?

I got the Super Slim 12gb with 2 controllers and motion camera and remotes for R2399 on special.

Went to matrix warehouse and got a 500gb laptop hard drive for R650 and poped it into the Slim. did the updates online via wifi and WALA!!! now i got a PS3 500gb

:drool:

Would love to experience that. Great setup.

It's pretty awesome, probably one of the best systems I have heard.

It's been a labour of love since I was 16 :thumbup:

I got the Super Slim 12gb with 2 controllers and motion camera and remotes for R2399 on special.

Went to matrix warehouse and got a 500gb laptop hard drive for R650 and poped it into the Slim. did the updates online via wifi and WALA!!! now i got a PS3 500gb

Very cleverly done there. I use the HDD for storing series, movies, music, etc so the space helps.

Never understood the logic behind these 12Gb consoles personally. They're not that much cheaper surely. Your setup now set you back just over R3000 where a 500Gb console with an extra controller and 2 games goes for R3500odd at Game. Except you've voided your warranty by opening up the unit, I'm assuming you're not running it as an external drive obviously.

Just as a warning the latest PS updates are causing havoc in playing downloaded movies, etc. Got built in filters. Having to play a lot through my laptop nowadays.

Edited by sk27

... where a 500Gb console with an extra controller and 2 games goes for R3500odd at Game...

That's not quite true I think. Have been looking the last couple months. Current special at macro for that type of combo is about R4500. Otherwise I would have gone for it :-)