[Event] BASTILLE MTB CLASSIC

GEDDAN RUDDOCK

I really enjoyed that route (45km)...until my rear hub snapped and my wheel came to a very fast stop about 8km from the finish. :-(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice route, terrible organising. I entered online 2 days after it opened. Got to the event today, only to be told, sorry you are not on the list. I then stood in the late entry line, then was told the entry forms are finished, after all the struggles and battles, I ended up with no race pack, no race number. I was then so pissed off I started in the 45 km race, after entering the 32km race. No one noticed, I ended up doing the 32 km route, I placed 32nd in the 45 km race, although I only cycled 32km. This being one of the most expensive events of the year it was rather *** organising guys. The other guys I rode with also had issues, also they ran out of medals wen about half the field was done.

Edited by schalk1982

nice route, terrible organising. I entered online 2 days after it opened. Got to the event today, only to be told, sorry you are not on the list. I then stood in the late entry line, then was told the entry forms are finished, after all the struggles and battles, I ended up with no race pack, no race number. I was then so pissed off I started in the 45 km race, after entering the 32km race. No one noticed, I ended up doing the 32 km route, I placed 32nd in the 45 km race, although I only cycled 32km. This being one of the most expensive events of the year it was rather *** organising guys. The other guys I rode with also had issues, also they ran out of medals wen about half the field was done.

Eish Bad day!

May I ask were did you find the results?

unlucky man! Maybe just send them an email with your race number explaining the mistake? It was mentioned that only the 1st 500 out of 1000 odd entrants will receive medals...

Eish Bad day!

May I ask were did you find the results?

The announcer mentioned it when I crossed the line. Dont get me wrong, I had fun, route was def good, most enjoyable. Standing in lines after entering weeks before the time, not getting a race pack or number pissed me off. I also cheated badly, starting in the 45 km group and doing te 32 km race, yet still placing in the 45 km group, that was just because I was frustrated and was trying to prove a point to my mates. Stil had fun, even with all the issues.

Edited by schalk1982

I recieved my medal thanks. The 500 weekend warriors and kids that really love that sort of thing did not. So post it to them brother.

The announcer mentioned it when I crossed the line. Dont get me wrong, I had fun, route was def good, most enjoyable. Standing in lines after entering weeks before the time, not getting a race pack or number pissed me off. I also cheated badly, starting in the 45 km group and doing te 32 km race, yet still placing in the 45 km group, that was just because I was frustrated and was trying to prove a point to my mates. Stil had fun, even with all the issues.

I would not be pleased either ! Especially the having to pay again! In most cases like yours I would only take a R20 of R50 with me to the race for a cool drink afterwards and would not even be in a position to pay again. I don't think you were cheating as you were doing the 32km which is what you paid for. It is actually very honest. :).

Schalk 1982 let me know where you are. I will post you my medal. I don't keep mine so no issue for me I will cover the cost. I loved it today. Rode the 42 on my SS and what a ball. I was the happiest person there. Did a 2.15 unfortunately but will be back next year for a better time. I lived today. Thanks guys for a super event and all who rode. Thus country is great and all you riders are super good people. Not a single thing to change for next year... Ok maybe 2 or 3 laps but same route. Super fun. Thanks Geddan.

Did you mean 32 or 45 ?

Attached is some snaps taken of the 1st 50 results of the 45km and the 32km ride, incase you on that page.

post-39411-0-47946000-1373874009_thumb.jpg

post-39411-0-78250800-1373874019_thumb.jpg

Damn! I was hoping for top 50 :(

Next time im starting in the front of the bunch.. Started towards the back.. Lots of traffic.

Heard from the medics this afternoon, that they were attending to a badly broken arm incident on route somewhere in the mountain,when another rider came crashing into them, while on scene.Not to sure where incident occurred,but here's hoping to a speedy recovery to all.