• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

"I'm here but im really gone"

How I feel about work and Morzine at this moment :whistling:

Wait till you get back.

You'll immediately begin planning your next trip. All bike related purchases will be aimed squarely at enhancing your France experience (Hence my obsession with Hope brakes) 60% of your sentences will begin with the words In France.... Or. When we were in France....

Edited by Omega Man

Wait till you get back.

You'll immediately begin planning your next trip. All bike related purchases will be aimed squarely at enhancing your France experience (Hence my obsession with Hope brakes) 60% of your sentences will begin with the words In France.... Or. When we were in France....

Dude its already started! When talking to my lady I try get the word "France" into atleast every third sentence :whistling:

"Babe would you like something to drink while I'm at the France? I mean fridge..."

Edited by Nofearnofun

Guest Omega Man

Shoie! been waiting for my daily Mor fix!

I'm afraid you have to put your big girl broekies on to ride at Morgins. The trails are steep an tech. But fun as hell. And getting there involves 3 lift rides. One that tops out at 2700m (Snow on the deck in July) and some of the best ridge line and Jeep track riding you're likely to see in your life.

Guest Omega Man

A nice little edit of mostly the "off piste" stuff on Pleney from the Torico boys. Believe me you will sh!7 yourself the first time you drop into the steep stuff on Pleney.

http://vimeo.com/50244943

Edited by Omega Man

A little Morgins to get the pulse racing.

http://vimeo.com/45382886

This is what I think many on the stage race threads may not get...

it's not about massive jumps, huge drops, and face melting rock gardens...

...it's about riding fun, flowing trails, that keep one smiling all day long.

Guest Omega Man

This is what I think many on the stage race threads may not get...

it's not about massive jumps, huge drops, and face melting rock gardens...

...it's about riding fun, flowing trails, that keep one smiling all day long.

Yup. Exactly. For me the best 3 days of my riding life have been the days we've gone to Morgins. It's about 25km to get there but just the traverse across from Zore into Lindarets would put most single track I've ridden here to shame. Then there's the incredible scenery. The lift ride to the top of Mosettes. Riding in the snow at the top of Mosettes. The roll into Morgins. The amazing pastries and coffee in the bakery in Morgins. The incredible road down into Chatel.

Oh and then there's the small matter of Morgins having some of the best trails in the PDS.

Yup. Exactly. For me the best 3 days of my riding life have been the days we've gone to Morgins. It's about 25km to get there but just the traverse across from Zore into Lindarets would put most single track I've ridden here to shame. Then there's the incredible scenery. The lift ride to the top of Mosettes. Riding in the snow at the top of Mosettes. The roll into Morgins. The amazing pastries and coffee in the bakery in Morgins. The incredible road down into Chatel.

Oh and then there's the small matter of Morgins having some of the best trails in the PDS.

"Hey look... a deer!" :whistling:

You just summed up why I want to go. Air time can be had anywhere but the vibe of a certain place and moment can't!

Guest Omega Man

"Hey look... a deer!" :whistling:

You just summed up why I want to go. Air time can be had anywhere but the vibe of a certain place and moment can't!

Patches can back me up on this. There's a traverse that you use to get from Zore (Top of Morzine) into Lindarets. It's the trail you use to get to Chatel and all the Swiss stuff.

It's just a linking trail that no one gives much thought to but put that trail here and everyone that rides it would be screaming WORLD CLASS from the rooftops.

Patches can back me up on this. There's a traverse that you use to get from Zore (Top of Morzine) into Lindarets. It's the trail you use to get to Chatel and all the Swiss stuff.

It's just a linking trail that no one gives much thought to but put that trail here and everyone that rides it would be screaming WORLD CLASS from the rooftops.

yup, it's true. In comparison to the rest of tha trails there... it seems like a schlep. But even so, it's still pretty scenic. I'll see if I have some pics from when I had to hike it to fetch Peach's bust-up bike in Chatel.

Edited by patches

This is the view from the top of Avoriaz as one goes along the ridge..

394273_10151011774000658_1898933573_n.jpg

As far a hike as it was to Chatel, it was nice to have time to see the sights.

Just don't touch the little white string that runs along the sides of the ridge at thigh height... it shocks, and I found out the hard way (after being puzzled for about 5min of getting shocked and not knowing why)

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

This is the view from the top of Avoriaz as one goes along the ridge..

394273_10151011774000658_1898933573_n.jpg

As far a hike as it was to Chatel, it was nice to have time to see the sights.

Just don't touch the little white string that runs along the sides of the ridge at thigh height... it shocks, and I found out the hard way (after being puzzled for about 5min of getting shocked and not knowing why)

Hahaha. I saw a dude in that steep corkscrew section on Mont Cherie. He'd crashed over the berm and was trying to retrieve his bike but he was getting shocked at the same time. I was laughing so much I almost crashed too watching a Mountain Biker break dancing in a field.

About morzine and PDS, I've been doing a bit of looking into this and there do seem to be two ways of doing it.

1. You go with full DH bike and kit and you smash the DH trails.

2. You take a AM or heavy duty trail bike. Use the lifts where you can and do more of the out the way trails. Some of the steeper downhill trails will be either not that much fun or out of your league completely, but there's still plenty of fantastic trails that are perfectly doable on a non DH bike.

Is this correct or an oversimplification? If it is the case, then what matters more is who you go with and what their riding style is. @OM, what's the split here?