Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you played Grim Dawn! It is what D3 should have always been and a new expansion is coming out soon. 

Nope, I haven't played it, but I see it's also an action rpg. I'm liking ARPG's at the moment.

The first ARPG I played was Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on my Windows XP rig, and it was the only game I was playing at the time, before going onto the next game. I have Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 for PSP, but from being used to playing on bigger screens, it doesn't quite feel right. Tempted to get Titan Quest for the Switch, but I don't want to be paying R635 for a game that might not be as good as Diablo 3.

Edit: I picked up Reaper of Souls yesterday, so possibly going to jam that tonight.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Nope, I haven't played it, but I see it's also an action rpg. I'm liking ARPG's at the moment.

The first ARPG I played was Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on my Windows XP rig, and it was the only game I was playing at the time, before going onto the next game. I have Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 for PSP, but from being used to playing on bigger screens, it doesn't quite feel right. Tempted to get Titan Quest for the Switch, but I don't want to be paying R635 for a game that might not be as good as Diablo 3.

Edit: I picked up Reaper of Souls yesterday, so possibly going to jam that tonight.

Give Grim Dawn a bash. It is the ultimate ARPG!!!

Read a review or 2 but 100% finish RoS first, it was worth it. 

Give Grim Dawn a bash. It is the ultimate ARPG!!!

Read a review or 2 but 100% finish RoS first, it was worth it. 

Is it available anywhere else apart from Steam? I believe you need a credit card to get games from Steam and I don't like credit cards :ph34r:

I want to start playing a game on the PC again, just some mindless thing during the odd hours over the holidays while I'm stuck at the computer. I haven't played any PC games in ages, though. It's always been the PS since they came out. Any suggestions?

The last one I enjoyed playing was Dungeon Siege, a million years ago. It was fun because you could just point and click and the whole party would attack automatically. You could even pause a fight in the middle to change your strategy. I played Heroes of Might and Magic 6 a while ago, and that was quite a lot of fun.

I've been looking at games like Titan Quest or Divinity - slightly older games that won't cost as much and take as much space.

I want to start playing a game on the PC again, just some mindless thing during the odd hours over the holidays while I'm stuck at the computer. I haven't played any PC games in ages, though. It's always been the PS since they came out. Any suggestions?

The last one I enjoyed playing was Dungeon Siege, a million years ago. It was fun because you could just point and click and the whole party would attack automatically. You could even pause a fight in the middle to change your strategy. I played Heroes of Might and Magic 6 a while ago, and that was quite a lot of fun.

I've been looking at games like Titan Quest or Divinity - slightly older games that won't cost as much and take as much space.

If you like ARPG's, then Torchlight and Torchlight 2 might also be worth considering, as well as Bastion.

Specs for Torchlight can be found here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/Torchlight/

and specs for Torchlight 2 can be found here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/Torchlight_II/

specs for Bastion:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/107100/Bastion/

Edit: I would definitely recommend Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, since I played it and still rate it as one of my favourite ARPG's, but it's not available on Steam anymore.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Well that's if you don't mind using a credit card. I had a credit card a few years ago, had it for two weeks and then cut it up.

Well that's if you don't mind using a credit card. I had a credit card a few years ago, had it for two weeks and then cut it up.

Wait do you mean credit card as in credit or just a bank card? My steam is connected to my cheque card  :thumbup: 

If you aren't on Steam you are missing out but bad. 

all of the buldurs gate and icewind dale series is also good. its now avaiable as remastered aswell

O how i miss high school

Wait do you mean credit card as in credit or just a bank card? My steam is connected to my cheque card  :thumbup: 

If you aren't on Steam you are missing out but bad. 

Ah, and I thought you had to get games from Steam strictly by credit card. Still, I like physical copies of games :ph34r: :whistling: