A question for the roadies on thehub

kingalton

The correct action when a rider tries to split 2 riders riding 2 abreast is to turn your head and tell him to f@#$%k off. If he doesn't then more drastic action is needed, like a clap on the side of his helmet. When that doesn't help then simply take your mini pump and throw it into his front wheel.

But this is only for road riding. In MTBing if you experience the same thing then you not riding fast enough so HTFU and ride faster.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct action when a rider tries to split 2 riders riding 2 abreast is to turn your head and tell him to f@#$%k off. If he doesn't then more drastic action is needed, like a clap on the side of his helmet. When that doesn't help then simply take your mini pump and throw it into his front wheel.

But this is only for road riding. In MTBing if you experience the same thing then you not riding fast enough so HTFU and ride faster.

a bit aggressive tactics those, but I agree with the principle (mtb part especially) ;-)

a bit aggressive tactics those, but I agree with the principle (mtb part especially) ;-)

Just a jibe at roadies, cause they such a seeeeeeerious bunch, I used to be one until I moved over to the dark side :ph34r:

I don't understand why you didn't just make your feelings known there and then! It's the only way he'll learn not to ride like a douche. Maybe he simply doesn't know?

If someone is riding like a tool, tell them. That way, if they don't know, they learn, and if they do know, they'll realise they can't get away with it.

Seems we're all too afraid of upsetting someone... We would rather crash and suffer than upset someone you don't know...

I don't understand why you didn't just make your feelings known there and then! It's the only way he'll learn not to ride like a douche. Maybe he simply doesn't know?

If someone is riding like a tool, tell them. That way, if they don't know, they learn, and if they do know, they'll realise they can't get away with it.

This is the best advice! A kind request wont be met with aggression. If it does, at least you asked and he will feel stupid. And hopefully understand why you asked him not to ride there.

Seems we're all too afraid of upsetting someone... We would rather crash and suffer than upset someone you don't know...

I asked the dude to move over and stick to the wheel on the left and told him he is pushing me offline, but he responded with "dude, its my line"!

I felt my blood beginning to boil, so decided to be the better person and just leave it, wasn't in the mood to get into it with someone on a Saturday morning on my bike

Dude, like most things in life in is way easier to solve it by talking to the person and telling him that you are not comfortable with what he/she is doing, especially considering that you are new. Dont be like everybody else and come to the hub to moan about the slightly off milk they bought at Checkers...... Some one gets too close tell him to back off! If you come here, the douches will latch on and by page 3 it will be a flame war about why shaved legs are better than disk brakes.

Dude - I wasn't moaning, I was asking a question regarding the etiquette, I got my answer and confirmation of what I thought it was, next time I will be more forceful.. I prefer not being the **** causing crap in the bunch without having my facts straight...