Equivalent tubless 29" tyre for 26" conti mountain king

amoryns

Anyone have some input as to what the equivalent tubeless 29" tyre would be for a 26" conti mountain king and race king.

The 29" versions are not tubeless and I need a tyre which will have the same characteristics as the 26" conti's

I am currently riding on S-Works Fast Trak. it has no traction at all and the sidewalls are also leaking

Mountain king - Specialized purgatory/ground control or schwable racing ralph

Raceking - maxxis ikon or aspen

I was running a 26" Mountain King / X King combo, and have now switched to a 29er with Nobby Nics Front and Rear.

Initial indications are very impressive. Excellent grip levels and rolling resistance seems to be pretty good.

how are the sidewalls on those?

schwalbe's....mmmm I tend to stay away from them because of the thin sidewalls

I was running a 26" Mountain King / X King combo, and have now switched to a 29er with Nobby Nics Front and Rear.

Initial indications are very impressive. Excellent grip levels and rolling resistance seems to be pretty good.

Edited by amoryns

As far as I know only some of the Maxxis (Crossmark, Ardent) and some Spez (The Captian and Fast Trak) have UST versions. The rest are all tubeless ready like the Conti's.

see the guys are running purgatory in front and ground control at the back

Or Ground Control

Front 2.3

Back 2.1

Really a good tyre, I'm running a 2.1 front and an Ikon at the back, but thats on a xc hardtail.

awesome, thanks for the input

so cant i just stay with conti's and ask for it to be converted for tubeless? or will i have too many problems with sidewalls leaking?

I have heard a lot of bad things from guys trying to run Conti Protection tyres as tubeless. I would only use UST ones.

The Nobby Nics are classed as an all-mountain tyre so maybe they have slightly thicker sidewalls. Only time will tell if they are up to the job..

Ive had absolutely zero issues with my Conti MK2 and RK Protection combo on my clown bike.

Been running then tubeless after the Maxxis Ikons and no issues anywhere.

The Ikons on the other hand is a story that I can summarise in 3 words - they were ***

They rolled very nice on hardpack and were light, much more than that I have my opinions.

Anyone have some input as to what the equivalent tubeless 29" tyre would be for a 26" conti mountain king and race king.

The 29" versions are not tubeless and I need a tyre which will have the same characteristics as the 26" conti's

I am currently riding on S-Works Fast Trak. it has no traction at all and the sidewalls are also leaking

you can get the protection ones..almost same thing..run them on my 29er no probs, like Sean above

Guest Route62mtb

I have the same with my S-Works Fast Trak leaking sidewalls .... did one event with them and nee to replace. I hear good things about the Ground control but not sure. I would like to stay with Specialized tires :w00t:

Rocket Ron/ Racing Ralph would be similar to your Mountain King/ X King combo.

Never had any issues with my Schwalbes. I run the above combo on all my bikes.

Edited by Ryanpmb