Buying Tools (Sockets) in Cape Town

ZeroPlay

My dad's birthday is coming up and I'd like to get him a nice socket set (something like 10-20mm with driver, extensions, t-bar). He'll mainly use it for motorcycle restoration. I'd appreciate some advice:

What's a good value-for-money brand? I'd love to get SnapOn or similar, but that will probably be out of my price range.

Where is a good place in Cape Town (preferably Southern Suburbs) to get a good deal on such a set?

Thanks.

Go to Autozone (not sure where they r in CPT) and look at their AMPRO products . Been using them for years and a very good product .

I have a Mastercraft set bought from Makro. Its there house brand and lifetime warranty. If you want to buy more sockets or spanners to add to your collection they are readily available and well priced. If you are not going to use it everyday like a full on workshop does then it will last you for years. You can have a look at there catalog online and they have great tool drawers to buy later. I have had mine for more than 5 years already and not one socket or spanner stripped or broken.

If you want good, but not snap-on, then consider the blue-point line from snapon dealers - alternately, King Tony make some solid kit.

Personally I like Stahwille, Snap-on, Beta and Facom kit - none of which are inexpensive, but your kids will inherit them, unless you lose them.

And if I can make a recommendation - only buy 6 sided sockets for restoration work - the 12 point ones do more damage than the 6 pointers to nuts and bolts.

Ended up getting a Gedore set: Driver and 19 socket in the 8-32mm range (6 pointers - or 6 lobes to be more accurate). Normal price was R1299, but Makro is having a special at R999. Thanks for the help.