Advice on flat pedals

Raab

Guest Travis.

Thanks for the replies hubbers, so subsequent to posting the original question I have discovered so many other options to consider. So ja based on the facts stated in the original post the current forerunner:

http://dialdbikes.co.za/images/thumbnails/0/250/pedals-cookie.jpg

They are about 180 and I can get them in purple which is a plus

The Dartmoor Cookies, are ok, but the plastic pins won't cut it in wet or with all shoes. I'd definitely get some proper metal pins, they look daunting and look they'll hurt more when slipping, but provide a lot more grip.

Guest Travis.

Pop the okes at dial'dbikes an email if you're struggling with colours, etc. They're a great bunch of guys and will organize what you need.

I have been running the Saints for a while now, and with 5-10s the grip is so good that I mostly choose to ride my trail bike with that combo instead of DX's with AM45's.

I had a pair of plastic pedals which I bought for Critical Mass, but they were so slippery that I ended of giving them away with the last bike I sold.

Where can one get Tevas in SA? Looking at dropping some proper money on 5.10s... wouldnt mind checking out some competitors offerings

there is no Teva's in SA. I used Amazon, they calculate price to your door step (so incl taxes and all)

I might be buying some gear of CRC while in Italy in July... Five Tens (possibly freeriders and dirtbags) are on the cards and I am looking at getting some proper, non-plastic flat pedals...

Seems to me the DMR V8's are the way to go? Good pedals for a good price? or are the nukeproof neutrons a lot better

I might be buying some gear of CRC while in Italy in July... Five Tens (possibly freeriders and dirtbags) are on the cards and I am looking at getting some proper, non-plastic flat pedals...

Seems to me the DMR V8's are the way to go? Good pedals for a good price? or are the nukeproof neutrons a lot better

The Nukeproofs have a slimmer profile, so won't get caught as easily as the DMR's. But as for the bang for buck, the DMR's are strong as a cockroach.