Evans Cycles UK

rufus

Tried Evans in the uk as a first attempt to buy cyclin gear online. Made my purchase on the 9th of May 2013 was informed when the goods were sent via Royal mail. Was then informed that no tracking number will be supplied,thought to myself that I made a huge mistake but decided to wait and see what happens.... 14 days flew by,no parcel... Informed them and told them I would wait another few days,maybe there was a delay... In the end I gave them 22 days,reported that I haven't received anything yet.. They replied and told me that the items will be resent via UPS,was stoked because I receive parcels regurally via ups... Day 29 turned out to be a e-mail argument between me and alex,clare and I think the entire evans staff because now I'm being told that the items will be sent via Royal mail again...

I made it clear that if the items are to be resent and if Royal mail is used I rather want n refund,guess they only told me UPS to get me quiet...

This is my far the worst ever online shopping experience I've ever had!!!!!

Has anyons else had a similar experience or can someone give me advice on getting my money back?

Edited by Kable269

Yes. Ordered a wheel for my fixie - purple one to match the existing Halo rear wheel - a few weeks back. Evans' charge for the postage to SA was 2x the cost of the wheel - £130! So I sent it to my uncle in the UK, and he posted to me for £65. Thought I was super clever for organising that. Also no duty to pay on wheels - hooray.

Wheel arrived last week and they sent me a white one instead of purple. Seriously - how do you mistake white for purple? I already have a wrong colour wheel to ride around with. Facepalm x 1000,000.

Now I am fighting with them on the cost of sending the stupid thing back to them so they can send me the right colour wheel.

Should not have been so stupid as to patronise them in the first place. They serviced my bike when I lived in London and cocked it up multiple times.

This is the true value of the hub...been saving up for a CycloX bike, Evans has the one I like...thanks to your collective situations, I'll rather cast my net wider.

Thanks guys!

Dont tell anyone but the only place is in Ireland called total cycling on 99%they are cheaper than most but just crosscheck with CWCto see if its right or wrong bought many items im happy takes about 2 weeks ish

I honestly won't advise anyone to buy from evans,i can understand that there may be delays with shipping but to avoid giving a refund by giving false shipping info is just plain wrong.

I honestly won't recommend them to anyone....

Dont tell anyone but the only place is in Ireland called total cycling on 99%they are cheaper than most but just crosscheck with CWCto see if its right or wrong bought many items im happy takes about 2 weeks ish

Total cycling is definately not cheap!!!

Had a bad delivery from Evans in 2003, sad to hear they're still not getting it right and with so many customers.

Recently bought a Zipp SL Speed seatpost from Evans, which is not available locally. Parcel was delivered within a week, without paying any shipping fees. Had a pleasant experience with them!

Recently bought a Zipp SL Speed seatpost from Evans, which is not available locally. Parcel was delivered within a week, without paying any shipping fees. Had a pleasant experience with them!

Andre was is sent via Royal mail?

I have had nothing but a good experience with Evans. Also made an order, and arrived within in 3 days with out paying for express delivery

Tried Evans in the uk as a first attempt to buy cyclin gear online. Made my purchase on the 9th of May 2013 was informed when the goods were sent via Royal mail. Was then informed that no tracking number will be supplied,thought to myself that I made a huge mistake but decided to wait and see what happens.... 14 days flew by,no parcel... Informed them and told them I would wait another few days,maybe there was a delay... In the end I gave them 22 days,reported that I haven't received anything yet.. They replied and told me that the items will be resent via UPS,was stoked because I receive parcels regurally via ups... Day 29 turned out to be a e-mail argument between me and alex,clare and I think the entire evans staff because now I'm being told that the items will be sent via Royal mail again...

I made it clear that if the items are to be resent and if Royal mail is used I rather want n refund,guess they only told me UPS to get me quiet...

This is my far the worst ever online shopping experience I've ever had!!!!!

Has anyons else had a similar experience or can someone give me advice on getting my money back?

UK post is taking about 4-6 weeks to get to SA. I bet it turns up eventually but it's just very slow at the minute.

Made my first order with them 2 weeks ago. Efficient and smooth. Parcel was on my desk via DHL free of charge within a week.

I am waiting for a purchase via EBAY from UK. Also royal mail. Will see when it arrives and if it arrives. 2 weeks by and still nothing.