Shipping a bike to Kuwait - any suggestions?

jog5000

Howsit guys

I'm living in Kuwait now, and I'd like to have my bike shipped or sent over to me - the problem is DHL and co want to charge me nearly double what the bike is worth to transport it to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or companies I could contact?

Thanks

Good bike bag with a rigid frame and sponge lagging on all the tubes. Get somebody to take it. Most airways, but do find out to make sure, gives luggage weight allowance for sports equipment and it may just not be regarded as overweight. Overweight will be more than DHL.

make sure you try disassemble it as much as possible, then pack into a compact bike box or something similar. They will bill you on the volumetric space the bike takes up in cubic meters im sure, hence the price. Pack it small and itll cost less..

Take it too pieces and pack it as compactly as possible in a space efficient box, doesn't have to be a bike box because it's not going to be used much more than once or twice. But riding in Kuwait......

Make sure you can easily get the basic spares for your bike. if not pack some tools, spare tubes, a tyre, brake blocks, a spare chain and any other item you may need.

Can anyone recommend a transport company? There aren't many people coming this way and definitely none that I know of. I'd rather be riding my bike, than buying one here. Really no selection.

Can anyone recommend a transport company? There aren't many people coming this way and definitely none that I know of. I'd rather be riding my bike, than buying one here. Really no selection.

SAPO. Will be the cheapest.. Might take the longest though.

If SAPO is the answer, anyone in Cape Town willing to help me out? PM me if you could help out in getting my bike packed up and posted......