Hello,good morning,good day

Greybeard

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Latent Blue
Has there been a 26er vs 29er thread on here?
no... I don't think we have discussed that. Maybe you should start one!

When we are chilled or doing LSD we always great but when roadies go into the hurt locker the only thing that matters is the wheel ahead of you.

So, sometimes I will greet and sometimes I won't. Nothing personal, I will always be friendly when I am aware of you.

Ag nee jong, nie weer nie!

Nee..... dis nogsteeds. Die OP is nuut op die hub en hy noem maar net wat hy sien...... So ja dis eeder nogsteeds.

What is it about roadies that stops them from being friendly to fellow riders? I find MTB'ers will always smile or greet but roadies have some attitude, especially towards a set of straight bars and knobbly tires. I do both and on occasion I have stopped for some or other reason and most times MTB'ers offer help. With roadies it is head down and up yours most of the time.

When rolling along with 3 ton metal objects flying around the tarmac trail at high speeds, it is a bit tough, I reckon to say howzit...

:-P

Edited by ' Dale

Why must everyone be a little bitch about greeting? Wtf? I'm doing my thing. I didn't choose for you to be there. I don't have to greet you. The road is not an old age home.

Have you ever considered that when you're stopped on your mtb, there's actually very little a roadie can do to help? We don't really carry the same spares... I get offered help by fellow roadies all the time, but no mtbers.. Why? Cause were a different discipline...

Oh and one last comment. Why are you passing roadies on an mtb? Wasn't the whole point of your purchase that you would now go OFF road? Then go off road and stop being a lower when 3/100 cyclists don't greet.

Oh... And also grow up. This isn't nursery school. Be a man ffs

Why must everyone be a little bitch about greeting? Wtf? I'm doing my thing. I didn't choose for you to be there. I don't have to greet you. The road is not an old age home.

Have you ever considered that when you're stopped on your mtb, there's actually very little a roadie can do to help? We don't really carry the same spares... I get offered help by fellow roadies all the time, but no mtbers.. Why? Cause were a different discipline...

Oh and one last comment. Why are you passing roadies on an mtb? Wasn't the whole point of your purchase that you would now go OFF road? Then go off road and stop being a lower when 3/100 cyclists don't greet.

Oh... And also grow up. This isn't nursery school. Be a man ffs

A bit harsh but... put that in your pipe and smoke it! :D

Do I go around at the gym and say hello to other gym peeps?

Not really. No.

I like that... Do you think the OP gets upset when fellow motorists don't wave?

Seriously... I was taught not to speak to strangers. Just cause you're on a bike, it doesn't mean you're not a stranger.

Sorry this is an annoying issue...

Sorry this is an annoying issue...

Yeah, man, you're all swept up.

Wazzup?

Or this one.

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/080603/080603-bike-accident-hmed-330a.grid-6x2.jpg

Edited by TZmtb

How exactly?

Well, mass death on the freeway is obviously worse than roadies not greeting or dudes doing tricks on dogmas so your post could be read to mean roadies deserve that for not greeting or ? I'm not sure exactly but I just got off my road bike and that pic sure is a buzz kill after a great day out.

You missing the point dude. Maybe you havent seen this pic posted here 50 million times before?

The point I am making is the frequency at which this pic has been reposted in reference to the topic of this thread which has been rehashed several times. NOTHING ELSE!!

Sorry Morpheus, gotcha now.

Guest Latent Blue

Yes, pretty bad. Uncool.

True dat