TriRock Durban

davem

I understand that they would and then did have many teething problems transition bags, chix colour race on Friday, timing chips and general race info for the athletes etc. but some of the issues cant be described as teething problems, what got me upset was not having water on the bike course, only coke,high 5 energy gel and isotonic water was available, no water on the run leg for the first half of my run. not putting water is not teething problem, anyway I wish they get it right as I will definitely be back.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volunteers where useless. Nutrition and aid stations on both bike and run not up to standard. I had such a laugh when I saw they gave out 500ml screw top water bottles on the bike course.

As for criticizing volunteers ..... I don't know what to say. Complete bollocks. These are people who give up their time for us to race... Come on... Get real.

Who do these events still use volunteers? Do the volunteers know that this is run for profit and that the organisers actually make money out of the event, via profit and salaries? I don't quite understand it.

Spoke to my brother in law yesterday during our braaiday. He just came back from the world champ en then did the TriRock. He won his age group so yesterday I saw his very interesting trophy. A really “Made in SA” masterpiece.

He said the event was great (especially the swim). Now I am really jealous that I missed it

Tri Rock 1.bmp

Tri Rock 2.bmp

They send u an sms and email asking u your t-shirt size and when u get there they dont have the size u ordered .....its the basic things that they should get right

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

so who has entered for this year..

once I can start training again, this will be my next goal to train for..

so who has entered for this year..

once I can start training again, this will be my next goal to train for..

Thinking about it. :oops:

I will do it. Was a great race in 2013.

Spoke to Grant at IMSA, he has quite a few refinements planned. He already has the Transition bags for this year. Haha. The ones that were delivered the day after last years race.

Through my correspondence with him last year, I have built up a good relationship. If you have any suggestions for improvements in the race from 2013, please post them and I will forward on to him.

Spoke to Grant at IMSA, he has quite a few refinements planned. He already has the Transition bags for this year. Haha. The ones that were delivered the day after last years race.

Through my correspondence with him last year, I have built up a good relationship. If you have any suggestions for improvements in the race from 2013, please post them and I will forward on to him.

its the same day as eid (religious holiday)

Hi DaveM

I want a guarantee that this race will happen. I will then enter and book accommodation etc. The reason I ask this is due to what happened in Cape Town and also I read/heard somewhere that some of last years suppliers have not been paid yet. This is only a rumour so I stand to be corrected.

This race seems to have potential and I will happily support it as we need more competition for these kinds of events to ensure good quality and affordable entry fees.

Hi DaveM

I want a guarantee that this race will happen. I will then enter and book accommodation etc. The reason I ask this is due to what happened in Cape Town and also I read/heard somewhere that some of last years suppliers have not been paid yet. This is only a rumour so I stand to be corrected.

This race seems to have potential and I will happily support it as we need more competition for these kinds of events to ensure good quality and affordable entry fees.

You said the same thing last year and it did happen. Also read the post about it suppliers but second hand knowledge on the hub is as close to the truth as Oscar's testimony.

Come and race. You can stay at my folks house with me. You can even meet Ian who you donated the bike to all those years ago!

its the same day as eid (religious holiday)

OK that is seriously ***. Lots of Muslim competitors last year and seems to be a major growth sport in the Muslim community. Did you see Team Baraaq at IMSA. They had 300 supporters in T Shirts. Flippen awesome.

Archived