TriRock Durban

davem

I took it as 450m total for 90 Km's...

Anybody who has ridden course like to share a Garmin file of it ?

Thanks

Not sure where your turning point is but I rode this on 6 September to Ballito and back and the ascent was 717m according Cyclemeter in my iPhone5.  The highest point is the Ballito traffic circle.

post-43636-0-69663400-1412253367_thumb.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there that sms tracking number? Or is that waaaaay too expensive to have on this sorta race?

Hahahaha I think I might wear my brown trishorts on sunday if there is big swell, us Vaalies are not used to anything bigger than gentle lapping on the pool wall........

www.trirocklive.com will give live tracking. More geared towards a tablet PC. No SMSs that I am aware of.

Weather starting to look quite benign with almost no wind. Big glassy swells are not difficult to swim. You won't even notice going up and down.

sorry people but the swell has not dropped, in fact it has gotten bigger.

48 hours to go.... it is what it is..... hope whatever happens they don't can the swim leg though

i am sure they could move the swim leg down to addington/ushaka side if it is still to big. but hey the sea can calm itself in 48hrs as well

Looking at it again it looks like great race conditions.

Not too hot or windy and a fairly calm sea.

That size swell is no hassle in the swim.

Absolutely icecreamman. If they can the swim I will throw a tantrum that a 2 year old would be proud of.

Absolutely icecreamman. If they can the swim I will throw a tantrum that a 2 year old would be proud of.

Well I just received an SMS around the swim course.,... final details to be given out tomorrow....we wait n see...leaving for Durban at 04:00 tomorrow morning......

Also just received sms - seems quite far in advance to make a change given the promising weather reports. They must know something we dont

They are panicking. In Durbs at the moment and although swell is still big it's dropped loads since this morning.

As long as they don't cancel the swim....

They are panicking. In Durbs at the moment and although swell is still big it's dropped loads since this morning.

Agreed... just not sure what options they have?

Just got an sms sying there are changes to the swim which will be confirmed finally tomorrow... maybe moving it closer to the harbour where there is less swell?

Also if there is little wind tomorrow (predicted) it is unlikely that the swell will get / remain big.

Agree ...make it shorter (as in cape town) i.e. halve the swim and double the time or something but don't turn it into a duathlon ...run cycle run kind of thing...I want to swim.... doubt they can move the swim leg as the logistics of doing that will be a nightmare ..... so I doubt they will move it closer to the harbor.... maybe just extend the cut off or something .... we wait n see I guess...wind is predicted to be much less tomorro0w and sunday so hope it goes ahead as planned

I'm in Ballito for trirock and I land up in hospital. Race gone now. Stomach full of ulcers!!!

Archived