TriRock Durban

davem

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well organized, enjoyable. Only hiccup being that someone picked up my bag an on realizing did not put it back cost me 5 minutes or so.

Official time of 5:48...I battled with my calf on the run but sub 6 I will take it,,,cycle leg was superb

Forgot to add, stra a reckons it is 1072 meters of gain....but I don't think that is right...tomtom reckons around 600 if I recall

Superb race.... only pity was that the run was only 18km... oh and the swim was easily 2km

Swim was 2.1 on my gps watch....damn I battled to get out of the sea....kept getting sucked back..

Swim was 2.1 on my gps watch....damn I battled to get out of the sea....kept getting sucked back..

Yeah most people saying over 2km.... sea on the way in was craaaaaazy... just wish we got a full run in

I picked up a wave, or wait a wave picked me up during the exit and in the process lost my cap and goggles. Panicked, scremed for my life, got no help and decided to swim out as is,

I picked up a wave, or wait a wave picked me up during the exit and in the process lost my cap and goggles. Panicked, scremed for my life, got no help and decided to swim out as is,[/quot

Seems everyone who came in on that surf struggled - you were not alone

Agreed it is a pity about the shorter run, if you enter and train for a half ironman then one wants to do the full thing.

Considering the swim was a little long and there was a 1000 meter or so run to transition the run was prolly shortened a little bit to make up for it. I had a total distance of 111 something and the cycle was a Kay or 2 short too.

Run was painful for me hurt a muscle in the inner thigh so hobbled along, was happy to see the end. ;)

Hi guys

Out of interest how exactly does the timing work for this race? My times were

Swim 0:41

Cycle 2.48

Run 1.30

Total time 5:18

This would indicate that I took nearly 20 minutes in the transitions. I kept my stop watch running the whole race and it registered 5.08 which is quite a bit off. Did anyone else find a discrepancy? Not that it really matters - I'm just interested

Archived