Derailleur lube

schizo

So, after last week researching which lube would be the best to use and going though the Great Chain Lube Debates, This past weekend I did a proper clean of my chain/derailleurs and lubed it all nicely, which then led me to the question of what lube I should be using on the derailleurs and jockey wheels, or am I just being pedantic?

But just wondering what everyone else uses?

The way I see it derailleurs use bushings and don't need to be lubed, a jockey wheel runs on either a bearing or bushing and just needs a spot of grease from time to time

I spray normal Q20 onto the pivots of the derailure and put a drop of Squirt chain lube into the jockey wheel bearings.

I service my jockey wheels every 800km (road.) It's maybe too often, but it's very quick and easy to do.

http://techdocs.shim...69830646682.pdf

Remove 2 screws (9), clean all parts (10). Bit of grease between bush and wheel, and reassemble.

Lots of jockey wheels have actual bearings... - remove jockey, clean, remove seals, clean bearing, regrease, assemble in reverse order.

Thanks for all the advice, I've put abit of Q20 on the pivots and using my chain lube for the jockey wheels, but when I do my next service, I'll do the whole clean and regrease method