What would you pay?

BIG C

Will be racing team equipment next year, No need for my current bikes and wheels

The second hand market is just not there for high end components.

We all like to think our bikes are worth millions, well they are when you have to replace them.

But there is quite a difference between replacement value and second hand value.

I have just been through the process of selling a top top end Santa Cruz Full Carbon 29er with carbon lefty with top end specs valued at R75k for ... R35k

And that was in the MTB market, which is 8 to 10 times bigger than the roadie market. Plus naainers are in such high demand in the 2nd hand market it is not even funny.

If you are a buyer is the second hand market for R30k - R40, there are some very decent new bikes available at that price and that is what you compete against as a seller. For sure the buyer will pick up a great bike valued at a lot more in this bracket but the seller needs to cut his losses and move on to his new bike.

If you are a buyer in the second hand market above R50k+ you need to have your head checked because I can build you your dream bike ... new! :thumbup: And these buyers normally have enough cash to splash bit more to get that dream bike they are after.

Thanks for your input. I agree 100%

Do you think my wheel packaged deal is good? I put them up in classifieds, would appreciate it if you could have a look and let me know

Edited by BIG C

Will be racing team equipment next year, No need for my current bikes and wheels

Well then there is no loss, Sell it!! on OLX cheap cheap ;-)

Haha :) if I was a real rich larney I would, but I would like to invest the money I get for my bikes

Best offer I got for my super6 like that was R29k. Build was full Di2 dura ace, zipp bar & stem, hollowgram sisl crank with srm wired power meter included, reynold dv46t wheels, aksium training wheels.

I agree with Tank, R30k to R35k is realistic.

Thats way to low if you ask me.

Wheels sold seperatly the other day! :thumbup: will sell my bike at the end of the year, but I think 25k with out the Zipps is a fair deal?

Still got a TT bike I am seling for R13999 if anyone knows anyone interested