Questions Only Thread

Agteros

MONS, what you planning to do with the old school phone and other paraphernalia?

Um.. may I say I have a penchant for old things.... the gramophone player will be for the immaculate gramophone collection I have - want to play them when I have the need and the telephone.... well that is to go by my front door or in the collectibles corner where I keep all my 'special' antiques... does that answer your question? On a last note... picked up the most stunning old ships chain (all rusted but with the huge fat links) in a scrap yard last weekend (amongst other things).... the hunting part of the equation is always the best part is it not?

Oh yes.. the vintage brass nameplates are for a keyring holder I am in the process of putting together..... ??

Edited by MONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the 363 m return trip stay constant or does it vary according to the levels of inebriation?

It's 303m from my house (measured by Garmin), but can you explain why it's 363m on the way home?

Have you worked in the extra distance caused by the 'meandering' on the return trip?? :whistling:

Does the 363 m return trip stay constant or does it vary according to the levels of inebriation?

great minds think alike????? :clap:

Um.. may I say I have a penchant for old things.... the gramophone player will be for the immaculate gramophone collection I have - want to play them when I have the need and the telephone.... well that is to go by my front door or in the collectibles corner where I keep all my 'special' antiques... does that answer your question? On a last note... picked up the most stunning old ships chain (all rusted but with the huge fat links) in a scrap yard last weekend (amongst other things).... the hunting part of the equation is always the best part is it not?

Why's my reply to quote thingie working intermittently?

there's a shop on grant ave in Norwood /corner ivy that sells some nice things, I'm sure I've seen a gramophone there. Also one of the stores in 44 Stanley. Next time you in jozi pull and try your luck, you never know, right?

Have you worked in the extra distance caused by the 'meandering' on the return trip?? :whistling:

Shall I GoPro it?

Why's my reply to quote thingie working intermittently?

there's a shop on grant ave in Norwood /corner ivy that sells some nice things, I'm sure I've seen a gramophone there. Also one of the stores in 44 Stanley. Next time you in jozi pull and try your luck, you never know, right?

Thank you for that.... appreciate it.. dont get to Jozi very often but maybe a road trip would be in order sometime in the near future? May I add that I try avoid the antique/collectibles shops as they are quite a rip off when you see how much they pay for the goods on auction.. once you see that , you will never buy from a shop again... I like my stuff to have a history behind it or a story... that's what make it all so valuable to me?

Also looking for the old oak roll top writing bureaus... sjoe I have seen some beautiful ones on the overseas sites.. good thing I don't live in the UK.... ?

Edited by MONS

Do you think that we should celebrate with drinks when this thread reaches 200 pages???

Would I ever say no to a drinkie?

Would I ever say no to a drinkie?

Well... I think your GoPro will be evidence of that answer.....? :whistling:

Hey T, if you make it a STRAVA segment you can then try and improve your times getting home from the pub. Wouldn't that be fun? :ph34r:

Hey T, if you make it a STRAVA segment you can then try and improve your times getting home from the pub. Wouldn't that be fun? :ph34r:

but it would need to be relevant to the amount of beers consumed otherwise it would be cheating?

Did you know I actually try to see how slowly I can do it, and that on the fixie I can glide home after just three pedal strokes?

'glide' on a fixie :-O

after a couple of pints he thinks he glides :whistling:

ciao peeps have a lekker naweek, hoor?