Momsen Bikes Worst Rims and service?

Boers3un

Victor Momsen

Oops! Sort of a Freudian slip. I once worked with a Theo Momsen. I meant tos ay Victor, who BTW I don't know and have no beef with at all. I just commented on the psychology of putting a bike range together. I also didn't know that Finishline was involved and thus addressed "the wheelbuilder" anonymously. It is them who came out of the closet.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! Sort of a Freudian slip. I once worked with a Theo Momsen. I meant tos ay Victor, who BTW I don't know and have no beef with at all. I just commented on the psychology of putting a bike range together. I also didn't know that Finishline was involved and thus addressed "the wheelbuilder" anonymously. It is them who came out of the closet.

For a person who claims to be so meticulous, is this acceptable? A slip? Would you be willing to give the expert wheel-builders you employ or have trained the same benefit of the doubt? "Oops" isn't "sorry". Try put your pride aside and say sorry.

"Victor, who BTW I don't know".... ??? ....now this is getting very interesting.... he (Vic) told me that his wheels are build by the best in SA i.e. Yellow Saddle!!!

"Victor, who BTW I don't know".... ??? ....now this is getting very interesting.... he (Vic) told me that his wheels are build by the best in SA i.e. Yellow Saddle!!!

This is simply untrue. State the time and occasion this purportedly happened and lets get the other party to comment on this statement too.

This is simply untrue. State the time and occasion this purportedly happened and lets get the other party to comment on this statement too.

Johan

Have you/yellow saddle/an employee/etc ever build a wheel for TWT/Victor Momsen/etc?

Johan

Have you/yellow saddle/an employee/etc ever build a wheel for TWT/Victor Momsen/etc?

They throw chum in the sea to attract sharks, be carefull that the great white does not get you.

TWT are one of the worst suppliers I've ever dealt with. Very unhelpful and disinterested.

I've learnt my lessons: Now when I want a Stan's or Profile Design product, I choose to import it rather than have to deal with them. For this reason, I will also never buy one of his bikes.

OP - take it as school fees, learn a lesson, find better cycle shops to deal with. As someone else said previously, many shops are in the retail game, and can't give you sound advice. Rather pay a little more at a solid, reputable bike shop and get advice you can trust. There don't seem to be that many of them around anymore, but if you look hard enough you'll find one.

Luckily down here in PE, we've got decent guys like Wayne Pheiffer and Rob Rudman who have the experience to help the 'uninformed/uneducated' out.

TWT are one of the worst suppliers I've ever dealt with. Very unhelpful and disinterested.

I've learnt my lessons: Now when I want a Stan's or Profile Design product, I choose to import it rather than have to deal with them. For this reason, I will also never buy one of his bikes.

OP - take it as school fees, learn a lesson, find better cycle shops to deal with. As someone else said previously, many shops are in the retail game, and can't give you sound advice. Rather pay a little more at a solid, reputable bike shop and get advice you can trust. There don't seem to be that many of them around anymore, but if you look hard enough you'll find one.

Luckily down here in PE, we've got decent guys like Wayne Pheiffer and Rob Rudman who have the experience to help the 'uninformed/uneducated' out.

Please add...... Do you homework BEFORE you buy..... Then there will be no school fee's and you can then make use of any cycle shop that is the cheapest

Johan

The answer is no. Refer back to my original request or retract your remark.

The answer is no. Refer back to my original request or retract your remark.

Touchy.

Will you go over to your atheism thread and retract your statement about Nelson Mandela being a non-believer? Or did you maybe confuse him with Steven Mandela who you maybe once worked with?

You have yet to apologise to Victor Momsen on this thread beyond an "oops".

People. Glass houses. And all that...

Touchy.

Will you go over to your atheism thread and retract your statement about Nelson Mandela being a non-believer? Or did you maybe confuse him with Steven Mandela who you maybe once worked with?

You have yet to apologise to Victor Momsen on this thread beyond an "oops".

People. Glass houses. And all that...

The worst thing about a glass house is that you cannot shower

Have no hard facts, but judging by the amount of Momsens on the trails and the shops, they must be SAs top selling bike.

Victor (Theo) must be doing something right.

Psychologically, apparently not.

If you want to launch a bike brand in this country, one should seek the expertise of Joan Boornan before going ahead.