2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

`dunno how Mollema got away from the sprinters

wonder what his power readings was over that final 250 m

really impressive win

Thats what happens when you're not paying attention - they were all looking at each other and booom he was gone! A strong finish to stay clear and win the stage. Quietly happy for him.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what happens when you're not paying attention - they were all looking at each other and booom he was gone! A strong finish to stay clear and win the stage. Quietly happy for him.

Yeah... brilliant final 10 kms as well.

Intense stuff.

Red... will he hang on.

Cool character moment of the GC leader

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/CORVOS_00021887-007.jpg

Wurfie having fun with the soigneurs of Cannondale Pro Cycling

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/KEI55115.jpg

Believable?

Yesterday, after losing nearly half a minute to his key rivals, Horner and Alejandro Valverde (Movistar), Nibali explained his watts are dropping. The Italian told La Gazzetta dello Sport, “It’s true. I lack about 15 to 20 average watts.”

Tough climb to finish today, spots of 18 and 20% its going to be catastrophic if you have a bad day.

I am gonna be rooting for Scarpo today, my head says Rodriguez or Valverde, but I will be hoping Scarpo can make a break and take the stage, he is in very good form in my opinion and sitting a bit back so Nibali wont feel like chasing him down.

That said I think today will be a big test for Horner, Cancellera has gone home and he protected Horner heavily on the early slopes, only Kiserlovski left today and he will find it hard to pull all the way. I think Nibali may try and isolate Horner today and see if he can get back some time, these slopes wont worry him, the Giro climbs are much harder and he has shown this is where he excels.

Tough climb to finish today, spots of 18 and 20% its going to be catastrophic if you have a bad day.

I am gonna be rooting for Scarpo today, my head says Rodriguez or Valverde, but I will be hoping Scarpo can make a break and take the stage, he is in very good form in my opinion and sitting a bit back so Nibali wont feel like chasing him down.

That said I think today will be a big test for Horner, Cancellera has gone home and he protected Horner heavily on the early slopes, only Kiserlovski left today and he will find it hard to pull all the way. I think Nibali may try and isolate Horner today and see if he can get back some time, these slopes wont worry him, the Giro climbs are much harder and he has shown this is where he excels.

I'm thinking the same - Purito and Valverde to test Nibali today. Any sign of weakness and they will take max advantage.

That gradients are made for Purito.

His surges up the GC ladder deep into Week 3 was awesome to watch at le Tour.

That gradients are made for Purito.

His surges up the GC ladder deep into Week 3 was awesome to watch at le Tour.

Would also pick Purito ftw.

Would also pick Purito ftw.

Nibali will be quite happy for a break or Rodriguez to win and take the bonus seconds, Rodriguez is not likely to gain almost 3 minutes on him on one climb, Horner will be his focus today and he has been climbing pretty well if you ask me, with only a few seconds in it Nibali cant afford a bad day or its goodbye to the red jersey.

Janse van rensburg in the chasing group.

Starting the climb a few minutes before the peleton.