2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

Some comments from the interwebs:

Haemoglobin rose 7% over the 3 week race. (it should go down)

Rectics vs mature cell count ratio decreased by more than half (typical of a top-up from a blood bag)

Surprise?

This strengthens my suspicion that the biological passport testing is mostly for show, to make sponsors think it is not possible to cheat.

Saw the same conclusions - small blood bags and/or micro-dosing

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Horner on a Tweetie Bird rage after probably feeling gatvol about being doubted for this GT win in SPain.

His Tweets:

- 15 years old and up @ 4:30am before school starts to train while dreaming of winning a grand tour. I did that!

- Riding your bike to work so that you can train for hours in the dark after works done. I did that!

- Hitching a ride across the country for months w/no money (almost I had 400+-) to race. I did that!

- Sleeping in hotels,host family houses,cars,and park benches to get to the races. I did that!

- Pro teams won’t give you chance, so you buy your own license and race as an independent. I did that!

- Race pro for years w/out pay just hoping to make enough winnings to pay rent. I did that!

- Win everything in the US, pass on the big paycheck, go to Europe for minimum pay. #ididthat!

- Live in Europe in a small apartment W/no car, computer, phone, TV, only a walk for company. #ididthat!

- Oops. Only a Walkman for company. #ididthat!

- Take a step back hoping to go forward again. #ididthat!

- Winning again but told I’m too old to go back to Europe a second time but keep fighting anyways. #ididthat!

- Sell everything I own for a second chance at a grand tour, fly over with a 140bucks in my pocket. #ididthat!

- Start going up the ladder with each year passing while never getting that leader respect and belief. #ididthat!

- Up @6am w/3kids so I can drop them off @school before I go train all day for the Grand tours. #ididthat!

- Finding that belief, given the leadership, delivering on it. #ididthat!

- Moving up the ladder w/that continued belief, big sponsors on board now. #ididthat!

- Whole season disappearing fast but still working hard to make it to those grand tours. #ididthat!

- Amazing help and belief from all my family, friends, and fans to get back there. #ididthat!

- Works paid off, forms back, but by now some have lost belief. #ididthat!

- So much stress & work 4another start at a dream that began many years ago. #ididthat!

- A life time of work and a stage/jersey arrive and disappear over night.#ididthat!

- 100% is given and second time it happens, only to pass just as fast but belief is returning. #ididthat!

- The jersey returned only this time for life, the stories to tell before & during it are epic & lifetime. #ididthat

- Yes it was worth it and yes the dream continues… With or without the belief. #ididthat!

Horner on a Tweetie Bird rage after probably feeling gatvol about being doubted for this GT win in SPain.

His Tweets:

.............SNIP, SNIP.....

- Yes it was worth it and yes the dream continues… With or without the belief. #ididthat!

Not impressed.

Substitute "cyclist" with, "Runner, Swimmer, Tri-athlete, Electrician, Fitter, Dentist, Doctor, Accountant etc", .....and it sounds much like the experiences any other person who has worked hard to get ahead and stay ahead,.... pity parties dont sit well with me!.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Another Twitter salvo from the Vuelta winner, still without a contract for 2014:

What? They hire that kid Matthew Busche — isn’t that a beer? #ridiculous

Laurent Didier? Really? Is that guy gonna help Andy win the Tour in the mountains? #ridiculous

I even told the Schleck bros I’d go fishing with them in the off-season! #ridiculous

I’m almost 42 and I can ride another 10 years!!!! #ridiculous

I’m a physiological freak of nature — just ask Allen Lim. #ridiculous

What — they give 41 year old Voigt a contract and not me? I’m funnier than Voigt and I win more races. #ridiculous

I wish Johan was still around — then I wouldn’t have this contract BS. #ridiculous

Do I really have to sign for some French team? Non, non, non! #ridiculous

I could wear a wig. I said I would. So I don’t look so old and decrepit. #ridiculous

I won the freakin’ Vuelta! Did Lance or Lemond do that? I should be rolling in fat stacks! #ridiculous

Another Twitter salvo from the Vuelta winner, still without a contract for 2014:

What? They hire that kid Matthew Busche — isn’t that a beer? #ridiculous

Laurent Didier? Really? Is that guy gonna help Andy win the Tour in the mountains? #ridiculous

I even told the Schleck bros I’d go fishing with them in the off-season! #ridiculous

I’m almost 42 and I can ride another 10 years!!!! #ridiculous

I’m a physiological freak of nature — just ask Allen Lim. #ridiculous

What — they give 41 year old Voigt a contract and not me? I’m funnier than Voigt and I win more races. #ridiculous

I wish Johan was still around — then I wouldn’t have this contract BS. #ridiculous

Do I really have to sign for some French team? Non, non, non! #ridiculous

I could wear a wig. I said I would. So I don’t look so old and decrepit. #ridiculous

I won the freakin’ Vuelta! Did Lance or Lemond do that? I should be rolling in fat stacks! #ridiculous

This is sad!

Not very professional

Uncool

Brat

Couldn't agrew more. All respect to the man. But he's being a tjop!