Oakley Jawbone OR Racing Jacket??

SurferChild

I'm currently having a look at purchasing one of these sunglasses and just wanted to know what the significant difference is?

I understand that the Racing Jacket has holes at the end of the stems for a strap.... but other than that....?

Which would you recommend?

I collect oakleys and have a couple of each. There is no difference. When I was in america I asked the guys at the one store and they said they had to change the name due to another brand also have a jawbone range. Thats why the change

Edited by Skuzzi

Any one of the two.....they are exactly the same can even use the one's lenses on the other.

I have a pair of Racing Jackets....love them, very light

As far as I am aware, the racing jackets are merely the new models of the jawbones. Name changed due to some patent or copyright issue. So likely the jawbones are actually old stock.

Thanks a mil... I had a look around and browsed the internet for some images. Like i mentioned, it seems the only difference is the Racing Jacket has holes at the end of the stems to fit a strap.... that seems to be pretty much it.

The Racing Jacket is also slightly cheaper than the Jawbone plus you get the strap with the Racing Jacket by the seems of things

Jawbones went "off the market" in the beginning of 2013 and was "replaced" by the racing jackets.

In the old days......5-10 years back the "racing jacket" was the one that was a one piece.....ears could not fold.

Hincapie made them popular back in the day....

http://thecyclinghouseblogdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/images2.jpg

Jawbones were the 1st generation of what are now called Racing Jackets. The differences between the two are mainly just 'upgrades' or 'facelifts' of that 1st generation. The name change came about due to an Earphone manufacturing company already owning the rights to the name Jawbone.

Jawbones went "off the market" in the beginning of 2013 and was "replaced" by the racing jackets.

In the old days......5-10 years back the "racing jacket" was the one that was a one piece.....ears could not fold.

Hincapie made them popular back in the day....

http://thecyclinghouseblogdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/images2.jpg

I have a pair of those which i've been using since 2003.

I had a pair of racing jacket's back in the day, can the new ones now fold?