[Event] Pretoria Boys High 24Hr MTB Challenge, Sponsored By Barden Tyres

ASG

Event Name: Pretoria Boys High 24Hr MTB Challenge, Sponsored By Barden Tyres
When: 7 September 2013 - 8 September 2013
Where: Pretoria Boys High School, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Pretoria Boys High 24 Hour MTB Challenge, sponsored by Barden Tyres

ASG is proud to announce that we are presenting the Pretoria Boys High 24hr MTB Challenge on Saturday 7 September 2013.

The event is hosted over a 24hr period and boasts a vibrant race village and a varied track with a surprising array of different riding features as riders traverse through Pretoria Boys High's lush premises on a 7km circuit.

Entrants set up camp on the rugby fields at the start where there will be all sorts of entertainment, music and lots to eat and drink as well as warm showers.

Prizes will include an array of ASG brands specific to mountain biking as well as other sponsored products.

The 24 Hour format is unique as it combines endurance and day/night riding in a social environment.

It's a massive relay where solo riders and teams of 2, 4, 6 or 8 (and a fun 20 rider team section) compete against one another by completing as many laps as possible in a 24hr time frame (relay style, with only one team member out on the track at any one time).

To enable all Pretoria Boys High supporters an opportunity to get into the action, we are also hosting teams consisting of 20 members - anyone can come and do a loop or two!

For the racing snakes team tactics are key in a 24 hour, deciding who should ride when, how many laps each rider should complete at any one time, and when to take a break for rest, sleep and nutrition.

Solo riders - those mad-hatters who ride through the night on their own - will, of course, have the ultimate bragging rights in mountain biking!

However, all teams (including solo riders) are free to decide how much or how little they ride, and how much time they prefer to spend sharing stories around their skottel braais and supporting the vast array of vendors!

The event is aimed are maximising the enjoyment and experience of all participants.

There is ample variety in terms of terrain and features and the route is rideable throughout.

If you can't make the full 24 hours, join us on the course from 14h00 to 20h00 and take part in the 6hr Challenge (solo or teams of 2 or 4). This separate event runs on the same course with the same rules as the 24hr event.

Whilst shorter in duration, it still enables participants to experience the thrill of day and night relay riding.

SCHOOLS CHALLENGE

Schools are invited to enter teams to compete for the Adam Reyneke Trophy. Schools can enter teams of four on the normal entry process on this site.

PROGRAMME

Date: 7-8 September 2013

Where: Pretoria Boys High School

Gates open for teams to set up their camp from 07h30

24 Hour Registration from 08h30

6 Hour Registration from 12h30

24 Hour Race Times: 10h00 Saturday 7 September to 10h00 Sunday 8 September.

6 Hour Race Times: 14h00 to 20h00 (Saturday 7 September)

FEATURES

Forests | Grassy Plains | Single Track | Wonderful views | Jeep Track

FORMAT AND COST

24hr Solo R300

24hr Team of 2: R550

24hr Team of 4: R950

24hr Team of 6: R1400

24hr Team of 8: R1700

24hr Team of 20: R2000 (non-competitive)

6hr Solo: R180.00

6hr Team of 2: R250

6hr Team of 4: R450

NUMBER BOARD AND SCANNING CARD

You will be provided with a number board and scanning card for the ride which will be unique to each team. Please be sure to return it to one of the race organisers at the end of your ride

Please note that riders need to be 12 years and older to compete in this event.

All categories are open except if your team is made up of 50% or more female riders in which case you will automatically qualify for the MIXED category.

For all team entries, mixed or open, each individual rider needs to complete at least 3 laps.

For further information email eventsupport@asgworld.co.za or phone 076 621 1807

Go to Event Page

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need some advice please:

Are we going to park on a sports field so we can pitch a tent and gazebo? I realise it isn't a campsite so will bring gas braai or battery powered lights but any chance of making a charcoal braai somewhere on Sat eve?

My first 24hr event so what else do I need to know :-)

Thats a good question....I cant find any rules and regulations on the web....asg can you help?

Guys, you can phone Walt at Events on 012 751 4130 or e-mail walt@asgworld.co.za :thumbup:

Guys, you can phone Walt at Events on 012 751 4130 or e-mail walt@asgworld.co.za :thumbup:

Sent email to address on website last week, no answer yet. Called the number, lady couldn't answer any questions as she "wasn't involved with the event". Don't know why she would then answer the phone or why not give my details to Walt to respond.

Sent email to address on website last week, no answer yet. Called the number, lady couldn't answer any questions as she "wasn't involved with the event". Don't know why she would then answer the phone or why not give my details to Walt to respond.

I emailed to ask if we can make fire in a weber and Walt said it was fine. I got a quick reply.

Fantastic event! Our team of 6 finished only 19th but what a fun weekend. Had plenty fun supporting a couple on a tandem as well as our Neighbour that did the 24hr solo ... Freedom trail tote-bag confirmed his credentials but he had to withdraw unfortunately.

Will rethink our strategy about (not) sleeping for the next event ;-)