KTM mountainbike stolen at R21 near the Wimpy today

Belindadb

My dad And uncle was high jacked today next to the R21 near the Wimpy. His KTM SCARP 29 Prestige was taken....please be on the lookout

From facebook yesterday.

Cycle lab intermediate ride 3 August 2013

Would just like to bring it to every body's attention that it is not safe to cycle ALONE or even in a group of FOUR in most of the areas that we use for our club rides. This morning we had two of our members that broke away from our group and said that they would meet us at the Wimpy on the R21. They where high jacked by 4 highjackers just about 200 meters away from the railway line after doing the power line jeep track . If we had not gone in that direction after doing our longer loop which was about 5 min after them they might not have been alive as the high jackers threatened to kill them after beating and cutting one of them with a knife.

Sorry to hear. This sucks. Seriously. It basically means that you con now only train when others can. What's the advantage of working flexi-hours. Are there any safe places to ride in the Centurion area?

this country is pathetic...hope they get the buggers but even then it is no use, one night in jail and a full meal that we pay for and they are released the next day doing the same thing

Edited by in10sive

This is what is freaken me out about this country and its system. I fought against the old regime while i was at high school and university. I was kicked and dragged out of bed, knocked senseless by the then SAP. For what? To see my fellow people get killed like

flies on the Cape Flats by scum, We get bikejacked,ran over by anything with four wheels. While the government is playing hardball because, they want to let the DA look bad in the WC. Criminals get free meals and tv , while

my wife and kids live in a fort. Scared to move out of the bedroom. Its time we take back our streets. Aluta continua...................the struggle continues............against a new enemy.Rant on about taking on the system( demonstrations etc.) peacefully. When that is done none of us will be alive to feed the economy and SARS.

Power to the people and cyclist.

Ps. Maybe ill be dragged out of bed again tonight for posting how gatvol i am, because Big Brother is watching. Yes...........whats new?

Edited by PUCMAN

This is what is freaken me out about this country and its system. I fought against the old regime while i was at high school and university. I was kicked and dragged out of bed, knocked senseless by the then SAP. For what? To see my fellow people get killed like

flies on the Cape Flats by scum, We get bikejacked,ran over by anything with four wheels. While the government is playing hardball because, they want to let the DA look bad in the WC. Criminals get free meals and tv , while

my wife and kids live in a fort. Scared to move out of the bedroom. Its time we take back our streets. Aluta continua...................the struggle continues............against a new enemy.Rant on about taking on the system( demonstrations etc.) peacefully. When that is done none of us will be alive to feed the economy and SARS.

Power to the people and cyclist.

Ps. Maybe ill be dragged out of bed again tonight for posting how gatvol i am, because Big Brother is watching. Yes...........whats new?

Are you a roadie. Please take the streets back, but don't forget the distict roads and single tracks.... Take those back also.Net n ligte grappie...

I feel for you pacman.What happened to you was bad. Keep on fighting for whats right and the Truth...

Behind or close to the Wimpy on the R 21 and Irene. So many similar incidents happened there before.

Behind or close to the Wimpy on the R 21 and Irene. So many similar incidents happened there before.

Because we all think WE GOING TO BE LUCKY/AND IT WON'T HAPPEN TO US,,,,,,OH JA THE MOST OBVIOUS VERY LIMITED PLACES TO RIDE AROUND HERE :)

One guy was caught and one of the bikes recovered.....we are hoping that the others will be caught soon...the guys are beaten up badly and I really wish we didnt have to live like this!