Crank Brothers Cobalt/Iodine wheelset etc... Any comments?

davehb

Although the above mentioned wheelsets looks awesome, it gets a lot of negative reviews by users and websites alike. Any South African perspective on the quality would be great...

Cpt armpies- I would definitely disagree..

I have been riding a set of 26 er cobalts for about 2 years and I seriously abuse my bikes (worse than a bottomless coffee at Mugg & Bean)

In this time I have had one broken spoke - nothing else...

When I needed the spoke( colour-gold) the local agents never had stock, so I bought another colour spoke for a quick fix and within a week the correct colour spokes were delivered to my door at no additional courier charge...Biciletta are the guys- they were impressive.

They have never been trued since getting them. I have been super impressed and would buy another set in an instant as soon as I build my next bike.

Edited by mrbaker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

A guy that rides with me occasionally were not very impressed with them. Some models have a rider weight limit (usually 85kg or 95kg). If you weigh less than that, i'm sure you'll be fine.

He weighed more than that and destroyed them on the first ride. But that is the only ref I've had so far. He put easton rims on and havn't looked back since :)