Handle Bar for Enduro Build

G-Unit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the moto! Bit of a pavement special builf with the components tho haha

Make a list of all the components you will need in excel or something and then fill in the ones you want in the next colum and the ones you can afford/or got in the one next to that (both with prices). Send it to a few people you trust and then let them comment. I did it that way and really got the bike I wanted.

Something like this:

post-24697-0-51260000-1376375027_thumb.jpg

Make a list of all the components you will need in excel or something and then fill in the ones you want in the next colum and the ones you can afford/or got in the one next to that (both with prices). Send it to a few people you trust and then let them comment. I did it that way and really got the bike I wanted.

Something like this:

post-24697-0-51260000-1376375027_thumb.jpg

I am pretty set on what the end result will be, its just budget so I steel and borrow from me stumpy and as I buy the components I want for the moto the stumpy will get its bits back. :clap:

I am pretty set on what the end result will be, its just budget so I steel and borrow from me stumpy and as I buy the components I want for the moto the stumpy will get its bits back. :clap:

Exactly what I've done. I bought the frame fork and wheels and thought that I'd just be patient and build up the bike with parts as I bought them.

The next morning my XC bike was bare and my new little pony was ready to ride.

Edited by G-Unit

Exactly what I've done. I bought the frame fork and wheels and thought that I'd just be patient and build up the bike with parts as I bought them.

The next morning my XC bike was bare and my new little pony was ready to ride.

Yeah I don't have the patients to build one bit at a time.

Yeah I don't have the patients to build one bit at a time.

you use your patients as slave labour? funky doc u are..

Guest Omega Man

post-10758-1376374311,578.jpg

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ok 2 questions.

Where do the kiddies sit?

And is the Moto for sale?

Ok 2 questions.

I wonder if any of the bikes have a trigger under the saddle dropper for riding past schools?

Edited by SLiiick

you use your patients as slave labour? funky doc u are..

They don't hang around long after the roofies wear off, that's why I have to build fast...

• 1 month later...

So, thanks for all the advice. I eventually got a Deity CZ bar. I think it looks pretty cool! And it feels a hell of a lot better than the flat bar I had on.

post-30655-0-56003700-1379077424_thumb.jpeg

So now the next question is the choice of a more suitable stem. I still have a 100mm Easton stem on the bike (also scavenged from my XC bike) I would like to go down to a 60mm stem. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

G.

So, thanks for all the advice. I eventually got a Deity CZ bar. I think it looks pretty cool! And it feels a hell of a lot better than the flat bar I had on.

So now the next question is the choice of a more suitable stem. I still have a 100mm Easton stem on the bike (also scavenged from my XC bike) I would like to go down to a 60mm stem. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

G.

Best thing I could have done when I was looking for the Shova was to go to a LBS with a nice wide range of stem lengths, try them out in the parking lot, settle on one that feels right, pay the LBS and enjoy

Ok 2 questions.

Would have been too big for you anyway, Omega - Patches is a big boy.

And the kiddies are kept down by the bikes. So they're all subdued. Till Uncle Patch gets home...

Make a list of all the components you will need in excel or something...

Excel sheet build rings so many bells... Glad to see it's not just me!

Cheers,

G.

1. From the pic (could be angle) it looks like your bar needs to rolled forward a bit.

2. Go down to 70mm I'd say. Based on no facts whatsoever! But it's a good middle ground and going too short too quick might pose other problems especially if you do longer rides.