Cape XC MTB Crit? (split from Lights by Linea thread)

Meezo

Mod note: This thread was split from the Lights by Linea thread into a separate discussion

Welldone Wayne. This is fantastic for the cyclist in Cape Town and SA. The way I know you this is going to become big bru. Thanks to Carrinus and Alex and everybody that is involved.

Oom Chris you guys always up for some challenges. Sponsor/Setup some XC MTB crit style racing for is. Would really love to give it a bash. Lotsa marathon and stage racing going down. But XC will be great fun.

Edited by Admin
Split from Lights by Linea tread into own topic

Oom Chris you guys always up for some challenges. Sponsor/Setup some XC MTB crit style racing for is. Would really love to give it a bash. Lotsa marathon and stage racing going down. But XC will be great fun.

Great Idea!! I vote for a summer XC series at the Slammer track. A lot of peolple wants to try XC, but theres no races!!!

Great Idea!! I vote for a summer XC series at the Slammer track. A lot of peolple wants to try XC, but theres no races!!!

Not at one track. Many of beautiful places to ride, in Western Cape alone....

How about Lights by Linea + CWC MTB XC Series at Slammer + Contermans + Bottelary MTB + Jonkers Hoek + ......

How about Lights by Linea + CWC MTB XC Series at Slammer + Contermans + Bottelary MTB + Jonkers Hoek + ......

+ Tokai

+ Table Mountain

Adds balance, for da people from da Souf

Not at one track. Many of beautiful places to ride, in Western Cape alone....

The slammer is there, why not use it? To build more proper XC tracks will take to much time and money...

Im keen for the XC racing, I noticed PPA is lacking some events this spring so guess this would be ideal!

Same as the Polkadraai Crit, awesome route with great road surface and enough parking for now :)

The slammer is there, why not use it? To build more proper XC tracks will take to much time and money...

Im keen for the XC racing, I noticed PPA is lacking some events this spring so guess this would be ideal!

Same as the Polkadraai Crit, awesome route with great road surface and enough parking for now :)

Not saying not the slammer. Maybe this is a topic for discussion... Anyone keen to open a/the thread

Not saying not the slammer. Maybe this is a topic for discussion... Anyone keen to open a/the thread

I know what you mean, I meant the slammer is spectator friendly, not to far out.

Once there is more proper XC tracks which is more spectator friendly and easy to get to then sure why not.

I know what you mean, I meant the slammer is spectator friendly, not to far out.

Once there is more proper XC tracks which is more spectator friendly and easy to get to then sure why not.

Ed Zakery.

The thing is, my personal opinion on XC is that it really does help knowing the trail, not necessary the whole lap, but the techinal stuff. I've never ridden the slammer so it would be new to me. Again nothing against it. But in terms of travelling and attraction and spectators. Cant imagine a XC at Tokai or Table Mountain.

Having said all that. One cannot simply have their cakes, and eat it....

The thing is, my personal opinion on XC is that it really does help knowing the trail, not necessary the whole lap, but the techinal stuff. I've never ridden the slammer so it would be new to me.

Thats the beauty of crit racing, it takes just One lap then its not new anymore! ;)

You do know WCMTB hosted a number of these events already this year right?

No i did not. Where can i find these details

You do know WCMTB hosted a number of these events already this year right?

Nope. Not knowing is probably half the problem.